Inservice exam--Fundamentals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nordr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking for help to guide improvement in my inservice performance. As may know, the inservice score report is broken down into nine sections: allergy, fundamentals, head and neck, laryngology, otology, pediatrics, plastic and reconstructive, rhinology, and sleep. Every topic seems pretty obvious except for fundamentals. Does anyone have an idea of what exactly this tests? Any suggestions for reading in the subset in particular?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I'm looking for help to guide improvement in my inservice performance. As may know, the inservice score report is broken down into nine sections: allergy, fundamentals, head and neck, laryngology, otology, pediatrics, plastic and reconstructive, rhinology, and sleep. Every topic seems pretty obvious except for fundamentals. Does anyone have an idea of what exactly this tests? Any suggestions for reading in the subset in particular?

Thanks!

There always seemed to be a couple of questions on the clotting cascade as well as anesthesia stuff (especially figuring out how much lidocaine you can give to somebody who weighs X kg). Those topics would be pretty high yield.

Other possibilities would be general inpatient management issues (chest pain, SOB, etc) or ethical questions. These are kind of hard to prepare for...