Insiders Guide between years

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arottenapple

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I got my hands on a copy of the 2010 insiders guide for clinical and counseling graduate schools and wanted to ask a question. How outdated will the information in there be when I start applying to schools? I project to graduate my undergraduate education in 2017 so by then this will be 7 years old. I know acceptance rates, average GREs and GPAs will be different naturally just because its a different year. But what about research areas? Will some programs have dropped certain research interests or added others. For example, I'm interested in addiction and drug abuse, so in the next few years, will the University of Massachusetts at Amherst stop doing research on substance abuse? I make sure to check the websites too, just wanted to get an idea on how outdated the info can get

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Considering it was made from information most likely from 2008-09, there is a possibility that considerable turnover occurred. Research climates change, faculty get recruited away, etc. Might be a good starting point, but definitely double check. I wouldn't rely on any insider's guide that is more than 2-3 years old really.