Insights on academic marathon?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GiveMeThatMD

Consider this thread DERAILED.
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's crackin', SDN?! I'm looking for a bit on insight regarding a slew of classes I'm taking this year. So far this summer, I've already completed Gen Chem I and jumped into Gen Chem II at my local Uni. They are both super accelerated with the full material being delivered over half the normal time. I'm not struggling by any means to keep up so far, but I'm a little concerned with OChem/Calc/Bio in the fall and Ochem2/Physics/Physiology in the spring, that I may burn out. I LOVE the material behind it so far, but have any of you ever slammed accelerated courses together? How did that work out for you?

Members don't see this ad.

What's crackin', SDN?! I'm looking for a bit on insight regarding a slew of classes I'm taking this year. So far this summer, I've already completed Gen Chem I and jumped into Gen Chem II at my local Uni. They are both super accelerated with the full material being delivered over half the normal time. I'm not struggling by any means to keep up so far, but I'm a little concerned with OChem/Calc/Bio in the fall and Ochem2/Physics/Physiology in the spring, that I may burn out. I LOVE the material behind it so far, but have any of you ever slammed accelerated courses together? How did that work out for you?
Three science courses a semester is doable and is in fact the recommended courseload at my public uni.
The fact that you are doing well in Gen Chem I during the summer shows that you probably can handle that courseload.

Summer is condensing ~4 months worth of materials into 1 month, isn't? I think you'll be fine.

Pretty close to. It rounds up ~28 weeks (2 semesters worth) and crams them into ~13 weeks. It basically just doubles up your average lab/lecture time each week. Very doable :) I've swapped Calc wih a Psych course and vice versa about 1o times now haha. I used to think I was indecisive... now I'm not sure. Only real concern I had was knowing the nature of both OChem and Calculus (both tend to be VERY tedious), but given your input, I'm feeling a little more confident about it.