Inspirational video

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeltaPlaya

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
[youtube]Sx4wlwn_NnE[/youtube]

Members don't see this ad.

was rooting for him until his principal said he wanted to become a dermatologist specifically.

Seriously, great video.

The guy spits truth. You CAN overcome anything.

Flatearth: way to ruin a perfectly good thread. who cares if he wants dermo? someone has to do it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Seriously, great video.

The guy spits truth. You CAN overcome anything.

Flatearth: way to ruin a perfectly good thread. who cares if he wants dermo? someone has to do it.

Flatearth is known to ruin thread's, its ok, the less attention we give him the better.

and you're right, it is a very inspirational video.

I should clarify - I'm still rooting he overcomes his disadvantages and ends up becoming a doctor. I just hope he goes into primary care in an underserved minority community where his services are needed most.

I should clarify - I'm still rooting he overcomes his disadvantages and ends up becoming a doctor. I just hope he goes into primary care in an underserved minority community where his services are needed most.

Right... and is this where you plan to serve? Where you are needed most?

Or do you want ENT/Optho/Rads/Derm/Plastics?

Someone posted that a 25 MCAT will make a DO believer out of anyone somewhere the other day.

Well a 190 step 1 makes a primary care believer out of anyone. And yes, there are people that go into primary care with 240s. Those people who actually want to be there are the true saints.

Don't presume to judge other people's intentions. Be your own critic instead. It might work in your favor while "gimmicking" your application.

/endrant

Right... and is this where you plan to serve? Where you are needed most?

Or do you want ENT/Optho/Rads/Derm/Plastics?

ENT - too limited
Optho - ditto
Rads - no patient contact
Derm - all the $$$ is in cosmetics...no thanks. also way too competitive.
Plastics - same as derm

I think I'll just do IM...maybe specialize in GI or Nephrology depending on other factors (economy, Obamacare, familial responsibilities, etc.)

Awesome video. I am definitely rooting for him.

Though I hope he doesn't use the entirety of his $50,000 grant money on the first year of community college, as it seems to me that that was what the reporter suggested, unless I misunderstood.

Awesome video. I am definitely rooting for him.

Though I hope he doesn't use the entirety of his $50,000 grant money on the first year of community college, as it seems to me that that was what the reporter suggested, unless I misunderstood.

I think it says $15k for the first year. Seems reasonable, unless I am hearing wrong :D