Instate residency for UHCO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunflowerfield

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I was accepted to UHCO, I was told that in state residency could be applied for (and was even given the application) after completing my first year. Before I make any final decisions, I'm wondering if anybody has had experience with this. What is an easy process?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to SUNY but also applying for instate after a year. I'd appreciate any feedback on that as well

Hi, guys! I don't mean to revive an old thread, but I am currently having the same question as the original poster. When I emailed UHCO, the financial aid adviser said that MOST out of state students qualify for in state tuition prior to their second year by showing evidence to the RAR that they have lived in Texas for a calender year. I am most confused by the "most" part of his statement. Does this mean that there is a chance I might not be able to apply for residency in Texas and pay their in-state tuition? Has anyone had experience with this?

I assume "most" means "only Americans." Live in Texas for a year and apply for proof of residency or something (like a copy of your lease, Texas license, membership to something, etc.) I have no personal experience with it since I am Canadian and have not been awarded a 'competitive scholarship.'