Institutional action- includes academic probation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IlyaR

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm applying to an SMP for this fall and came across this question:

Have you ever been the recipient of any institutional action resulting from unacceptable academic performance or a conduct violation (even if such action did not interrupt your enrollment, require you to withdraw, and/or does not appear on or has been deleted from your official transcripts due to institutional policy or personal petition).

I fell below a 2.0 during my freshman year and was subsequently on academic probation until I got my grades back up. Would I have to disclose this?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm applying to an SMP for this fall and came across this question:

Have you ever been the recipient of any institutional action resulting from unacceptable academic performance or a conduct violation (even if such action did not interrupt your enrollment, require you to withdraw, and/or does not appear on or has been deleted from your official transcripts due to institutional policy or personal petition).

I fell below a 2.0 during my freshman year and was subsequently on academic probation until I got my grades back up. Would I have to disclose this?

Thank you!

It sounds like you have to from the rules. Just write about how you've grown and changed through the experience for the better. Good luck to you!

It sounds like you have to from the rules. Just write about how you've grown and changed through the experience for the better. Good luck to you!
Thanks bud!

Reactions: 1 user