Institutional action letter BU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IlyaR

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I guess since I checked the IA box on AMCAS, BU's secondary automatically asks: My Institutional Action Letter will be, or is: included in the packet letter or sent separately

My IA was from 9 years ago, and I'm fairly positive my undergrad isn't about to write a letter about it. Wondering if this is absolutely mandatory

Members don't see this ad.

Well it depends on what you did. If it just freshman noise/alcohol I think an explanation would suffice.

If you murdered someone I'm sure your undergrad will be able to provide a letter.

Reactions: 4 users
From my experience with BU last year this was mandatory.

I think the best option is to call BU and explain and see what they say.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well it depends on what you did. If it just freshman noise/alcohol I think an explanation would suffice.

If you murdered someone I'm sure your undergrad will be able to provide a letter.
:laugh: Lmao I actually burst out laughing.

OP, I agree with the above poster that the best idea is to call BU, explain your situation, and see what they say.

Reactions: 1 user
If these work anything like transcripts, I surmise that you contact the Registrar, pay 'em whatever fee they charge, and have the IA letter sent to BU.

I guess since I checked the IA box on AMCAS, BU's secondary automatically asks: My Institutional Action Letter will be, or is: included in the packet letter or sent separately

My IA was from 9 years ago, and I'm fairly positive my undergrad isn't about to write a letter about it. Wondering if this is absolutely mandatory