Institutional Action Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neuroresearchguy23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I had a quick question and I wanted to get some opinions from adcoms and others who might have had a similar situation. I'm a non-trad and I visited my undergrad last week to meet with my dean to see if there was anything on my record. I was told that the only thing on my record was a citation for having a prohibited piece of furniture in my dorm room (a leather couch I brought from my home). Although to me this seems a little ridiculous to me.. I wanted to know if this is something I need to report. The only thing that happened was when the RAs came around they gave me a fine and 1 point on my record. Is this something that needs to be reported? I don't want to leave it out and then medical schools be like "why didn't you report this?"

Thanks for your help!

@Catalystik @Goro @gyngyn

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
As gyngyn said, do list it if it appears on your record. Honesty is what they care about. Adcoms will probably just laugh that they cited you for something like this.

What a stupid thing to get written up for. Yes, if your dean says to report it, report it. But this will not negatively impact your application.

Btw…I hope Sharma isn't your last name.

Reactions: 1 user
"Prohibited furniture"????????

I'd probably accept you outright for having the misfortune of going to a school with such stupid rules!

Can I tell my mom I got in then :) And yea, you'd be surprised the things students brought to school. But I thought a leather couch wouldn't be that big of a deal..

Reactions: 1 user