Instructions or video on making Dilaudid PCA !?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saydali

R&DtoRPh
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has a link for instructions or a video on how to make Dilaudid PCA from a the an HP ampule !? It's been months since I made one and I need to freshen up my memory on how to make it !

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on what equipment from which manufacturers you have on site. We just have saline-filled PCA syringes we fit an adapter onto, crack the ampule, extract with filter needle, twist onto adapter, mix, cap, and its out the door...

Depends on what equipment from which manufacturers you have on site. We just have saline-filled PCA syringes we fit an adapter onto, crack the ampule, extract with filter needle, twist onto adapter, mix, cap, and its out the door...

Pretty fancy, my friend:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
When i make one, i just put dilaudid into a syringe and then fill it up with NS to reach the desired concentration.. In sterile conditions of course.

I usually pull up 6ml of 2mg/ml dilaudid and then top it off with 54ml of ns to reach 60ml necessary to fill the 60ml syringe. Add in a filter needle for the ampule, obviously.

Last edited:

hahah - we did the same thing - except we didn't have special syringes... we just used the generic 60 cc syringe.

I actually just made them last night and probably have to do it again tonight. The hardest thing for us is trying to get out those darn bubbles. It's all in the technique.