Integrated Sciences School in Whittier

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

queenbee9136

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of or taken classes at ISP in Whittier? They offer Anatomy and Physiology pre-reqs in an accelerated format. I would have to take A&P 1 and 2 for the handsome sum of $2K each. Each of the courses would be for 1 month( 4- 20 hour weekends). But since I cant get into any of the cc's without waiting for atleast a year, I quess it would be worth it. Time is money. Whichever OT program I apply for will have to be in southern California, so I will call each of them to see if they accept these courses. If anyone has any comments or information on this, please chime in.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hiiii

I was considering taking courses at ISP as well. I already have a bachelors degree and was thinking about a change of career. Schools in california have cut out a lot of their classes which means not too many evening classes and the ones that are available are completely full.

THe ISP classes would be so convenient for a working adult. Did you find out if their valid? I wont mind going out of state to study. I wonder if they are valid out of state. THey are WASC accredited which is what most cal states are accredited with.

Let me know. THanks

Hi IndianSunshine, I called my #1 school choice, CSU Dominguez Hills and it turns out that they do accept it. So I am going for it. Its very expensive but, like you said, the local colleges are all full - they leave me no choice. Since this is a second career for me, I don't have time to wait around.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hiii Queen been

I just went to ISP's open house. A lot of the people who came were wanting to study for nursing. There was only one other guy who wanted to take the MCAT and go into med school. I asked the girl doing the talk if she had a list of schools that accepted these classes but she said she didn't have it and we would need to call the individual schools and ask. I think I will start next month.

All the best!

Hiii Queen been

I just went to ISP's open house. A lot of the people who came were wanting to study for nursing. There was only one other guy who wanted to take the MCAT and go into med school. I asked the girl doing the talk if she had a list of schools that accepted these classes but she said she didn't have it and we would need to call the individual schools and ask. I think I will start next month.

All the best!
Hi , thank you for your information .i am actually planning to go to dental school so for the pre-dental is a really time saving program but I'm looking for some one already ask schools or enrolled to see is that really work? and can i use their credits? please let me know if you have any new information.

Hi there! I'm a future PT, applying to PT schools this year during the July-October period for schools in my area. My top two choices for schools are Samuel Merritt and UCSF/SFSU. I'm sorry for infiltrating this thread in the occupational therapy forum.... but...

I have a question about science prerequisites. I found information about the Integrated Science Program through Holy Names University in both Norcal and Socal (seems like it might be somehow affiliated, or maybe the same program as above but with a different name?). The below courses are the remaining prerequisites I need to complete (I actually don't need one of the chemistry classes or the biology classes, but figure it might be worth it to take them both since mine are older than 10 years and I could raise my initial grade).

Physics 1, Physics 2
Biology 1, Biology 2
General Chemistry 1, General Chemistry 2

I checked with Samuel Merrit, UCSF/SFSU and Holy Names... and these accelerated classes are accepted for the PT program.

Completing prereqs through the accelerated Integrated Science Program would allow me to continue volunteering at the VA Clinic in Livermore and at Sutter Hospital in San Francisco, which are both great opportunities where I am really building a foundation of knowledge and connections. I am hoping to keep those volunteer opportunities going as long as I can since I'm really enjoying both of them, but conventional science classes M-F makes the scheduling difficult.

The accelerated ISP classes are on the weekends, Saturday and Sunday from 8:30am to 6:30pm, for 4 weeks. Then a final exam Wednesday evening after the 4th week. You take just one class at a time. A semester worth of material is covered in 1 month.

I already have reference letters lined up from other professors and PTs that I have been volunteering with, so that's not needed. My Anatomy and Physiology classes (and all other prereqs) are through a typical 4 year university, are recent, and As.

I am thinking that for me, the accelerated ISP may be a good choice for these particular classes. If I don't take these classes, I will need to stop volunteering in order to make the time for the science classes offered at my university. The connections I'm making and what I'm learning while I volunteer seem much more important (and interesting) than making time for conventional undergrad physics and chemistry classes.

I'm infiltrating this thread because it seems like there were a few of you who had experience with these accelerated ISP courses or were planning to attend. Anyone have any first hand experience with these accelerated ISP classes from Holy Names in the Norcal area at the Hayward campus? (here's info on the ISP: Accelerated Weekend College Science Courses Schedule & Calendar | ISP)

Thank you!

Hi there! I'm a future PT, applying to PT schools this year during the July-October period for schools in my area. My top two choices for schools are Samuel Merritt and UCSF/SFSU. I'm sorry for infiltrating this thread in the occupational therapy forum.... but...

I have a question about science prerequisites. I found information about the Integrated Science Program through Holy Names University in both Norcal and Socal (seems like it might be somehow affiliated, or maybe the same program as above but with a different name?). The below courses are the remaining prerequisites I need to complete (I actually don't need one of the chemistry classes or the biology classes, but figure it might be worth it to take them both since mine are older than 10 years and I could raise my initial grade).

Physics 1, Physics 2
Biology 1, Biology 2
General Chemistry 1, General Chemistry 2

I checked with Samuel Merrit, UCSF/SFSU and Holy Names... and these accelerated classes are accepted for the PT program.

Completing prereqs through the accelerated Integrated Science Program would allow me to continue volunteering at the VA Clinic in Livermore and at Sutter Hospital in San Francisco, which are both great opportunities where I am really building a foundation of knowledge and connections. I am hoping to keep those volunteer opportunities going as long as I can since I'm really enjoying both of them, but conventional science classes M-F makes the scheduling difficult.

The accelerated ISP classes are on the weekends, Saturday and Sunday from 8:30am to 6:30pm, for 4 weeks. Then a final exam Wednesday evening after the 4th week. You take just one class at a time. A semester worth of material is covered in 1 month.

I already have reference letters lined up from other professors and PTs that I have been volunteering with, so that's not needed. My Anatomy and Physiology classes (and all other prereqs) are through a typical 4 year university, are recent, and As.

I am thinking that for me, the accelerated ISP may be a good choice for these particular classes. If I don't take these classes, I will need to stop volunteering in order to make the time for the science classes offered at my university. The connections I'm making and what I'm learning while I volunteer seem much more important (and interesting) than making time for conventional undergrad physics and chemistry classes.

I'm infiltrating this thread because it seems like there were a few of you who had experience with these accelerated ISP courses or were planning to attend. Anyone have any first hand experience with these accelerated ISP classes from Holy Names in the Norcal area at the Hayward campus? (here's info on the ISP: Accelerated Weekend College Science Courses Schedule & Calendar | ISP)

Thank you!

Hey! I'm taking a/p right now at ISP, but the location here in Whittier is actually called SCUHS (Southern California University of Health Sciences). I took anatomy before last summer and it was intense and very detailed. However judging from the first day of the class so far, what you learn is very basic in comparison if you took it at a community college with a single subject. This is a good / bad thing though. The class is probably easier because it's so fast paced and not every little subject can be coveeed but it might not fully prepare you for masters-leveled classes in your PT/OT program. However the vocabulary is intense, but for me since I took anatomy before it's kinda like review.

Besides that though, I think all OT schools in California accept courses from SCU. (Someone from another thread said she asked all the schools and they said they accept it).

I'll try to update you guys on how this class goes! I like it so far though!

Reactions: 1 user
This FitOTgirl! I took my A&P in full length classes at a typical university since that particular subject seemed more interesting and important to me personally... but physics and chemistry.... blech. The idea of sitting through a full semester with freshmen in those classes isn't fun at all. I will do it if I really need to, but if I can hang through the ISP program for those in particular it seemed like a good idea for my personal situation. I start physics I in May. I will try to update after the end of first class with my experience. Hopefully I'm not biting off more than I can chew and I can keep up.