Interested in IM and no fellowships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted424991

My comlex score was 450s. My GPA was around 3.5 and I have so far received honors in all my rotations. I am interested in the Geisinger program and not sure if I will get in or not with my scores.
Can anyone who has applied with stats similar to mine help me create a list of residencies and where I should do AIs. We can do 4 AIs and I want to make the best out of it. I don't mind moving to any place, but prefer to be in the east coast.

Members don't see this ad.

There may be some difficulty with asking people to out themselves. Have you tried asking your advisor to see if he knew anyone in a similar boat?

Things you can work on would be to greatly improve on your COMLEX Level 2 CE score (keeping in mind that the standard deviation may be different) and focusing on performing well on your AIs. Be personable, prompt and efficient. If someone asks you about your score, give a non-offensive reason but don't dwell on the issue. Just make sure they see the best side of you.

I don't have any specific details about Geisinger's admission profile though. However, if you feel like you can perform well on an AI, you may be able to find a mentor who is able to vouch for you there. Keep up the strong work and kill the rest of the boards! Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
There may be some difficulty with asking people to out themselves. Have you tried asking your advisor to see if he knew anyone in a similar boat?

Things you can work on would be to greatly improve on your COMLEX Level 2 CE score (keeping in mind that the standard deviation may be different) and focusing on performing well on your AIs. Be personable, prompt and efficient. If someone asks you about your score, give a non-offensive reason but don't dwell on the issue. Just make sure they see the best side of you.

I don't have any specific details about Geisinger's admission profile though. However, if you feel like you can perform well on an AI, you may be able to find a mentor who is able to vouch for you there. Keep up the strong work and kill the rest of the boards! Good luck.
What'd an AI?

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile