BOTH Interested in starting a podcast

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stevenejohnson

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDNers!

I am a posting virgin here on SDN but long time generalized stalker. Right now I am prepping for Step2 + Comlex 2 in July. I have been looking for some good podcasts for Step 2 prep and had trouble finding anything recent. I love listening to podcasts in general. Goljan audio was great for step1 but is a becoming a little dated. Found a few things for step2 that I didn't love.

Today I got the idea of starting my own podcast. Obviously this won't help me too much for Step2 in July but hopefully people will get some use out of it in the future. My idea was to get a podcast going that did 1 episode a week alternating between step1 and step2 content. Style would be engaging with a case at the beginning, multiple choice question and some limited discussion. Then maybe a monthly longer podcast for some spaced repetition of topics covered that month and occasionally a core content review episode. I also thought it would be cool to have a blog set up with some Anki decks that incorporated podcast material for even more of that spaced repetion goodness. Seems like there are a lot of podcasts out there on "hot" topics in medicine but not a ton of core content for medical school and rotations. Here is an interesting article from Annals of emergency on just that: http://www.annemergmed.com/article/S0196-0644(15)01610-8/abstract

Anyway I figured I would post this on SDN since I know the average board score on here is 260+ and see if I could recruit some brain power. I think this would be really fun and a good way to resist the brain purge that will inevitably follow my exams. Please post some comments on what kind of content you think would be most helpful for step studying and rotation pimping. Also please let me know if you are interested in helping me get this thing started over the next few months. Alternatively if anyone knows of a podcast like this that already exists or is already being worked on I would love to help out!

-Steven

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user