Interested in this specialization

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cutari

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm still a first year medicine student and ever since I started studying human biology I've always been very interested in how the brain works, the relationship between the biological side of it and how the whole structure determines our personality and emotion amongst others. The small number of lectures we've had on the brain and its circuitry are possibly the only thing that really interested me from the whole course up to now.

I really would like to know what a neurologist's job entails, in as much detail as possible, as I've always thought that that was the specialty that concentrates on what I enjoy the most - however I am not really interested in nerve injuries/testing for them etc so I'm a bit confused whether I'd prefer neurology or psychiatry.

I'm aware that I can't really decide in first year however I'd still like to learn about these things earlier on :)

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome to the forum. Please start with a search. There have been many "day in the life" threads in the past, as well as neuro vs. psych career contrasts.

Reactions: 1 user