Interfolio has me crazy confused!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emotionap2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay guys, I have to get my app finished within the week. I would greatly appreciate someone explaining the Interfolio process to me. From what I got, I know that I need to make an account (Not paying for anything until I understand the process first). Then what? I also understand how the linking to AACOMAS works. What I'm falling short of understanding is how I get my physicians/professors to submit my LOCs. I believe I need to print out the directions with my CV and whatnot since non of them have accounts. So the part that has me puzzled is how I read that each person submitting my LOCs, needs to have an account also. That's about it, I'm walking around in circles and can't find any help through Google. (Feel free to give me the full rundown)

Thanks you guys!

Members don't see this ad.

I paid for a subscription then you will see where you can request a lor which will be sent it is a easy process for the writers

Members don't see this ad :)
The person submitting the LOR has two options:

1) They can click a link in the email notification that allows them to sign in to their account or create a new one, then upload a PDF of the letter (signed and on letterhead).

2) They can print the PDF attached to the email, which contains a barcode and reference number, and mail it along with a printed, signed LOR to AACOMAS. No account necessary.

The Interfolio request process allows you to specify the LOR writer's name and email address, and also lets you write a custom message.

Also, if you use the option of e-mailing instructions to the letter writer instead of printing out the instructions and giving it to them, you can choose between having the e-mail come from Interfolio, or they can have it come from your e-mail address (that way it won't get stuck in the letter writer's e-mail filter as someone they don't know.)