Interfolio to AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tictac3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It took a day or two for the letters to be received by AMCAS after I sent them from Interfolio. If your letters are indicated as delivered on Interfolio, I would call AMCAS at the end of the week to double check if they haven't been marked as received by then.

You'd be applying for the 2017 cycle.

I've searched past threads but still have a question regarding getting my letters from Interfolio to AMCAS.

I followed the instructions on this webpage https://help.interfolio.com/hc/en-u...o-deliver-letters-of-recommendation-to-AMCAS- and am a little confused still. I got an email saying my delivery was complete and when I check my delivery status on my Interfolio account, it says "Complete". However, on AMCAS, it says the letter is "Not received".

Does anyone have any ideas/experience as to why it says not received? Do I have to give it a few days or do I need to assign it to my Medical Schools on the next section of the application for it to show up? Also, on Interfolio, I clicked on AMCAS Letter Service 2017 because that is the cycle I am applying for...should I have clicked 2016?

Thank you to everyone and anyone who can help me out!

I go to UVA too! (if that's why you have the Wahoowa), but did you have to pay $6 per letter?

Members don't see this ad :)
It should just be a one time $6 fee, not $6 per letter.

I've searched past threads but still have a question regarding getting my letters from Interfolio to AMCAS.

I followed the instructions on this webpage https://help.interfolio.com/hc/en-u...o-deliver-letters-of-recommendation-to-AMCAS- and am a little confused still. I got an email saying my delivery was complete and when I check my delivery status on my Interfolio account, it says "Complete". However, on AMCAS, it says the letter is "Not received".

Does anyone have any ideas/experience as to why it says not received? Do I have to give it a few days or do I need to assign it to my Medical Schools on the next section of the application for it to show up? Also, on Interfolio, I clicked on AMCAS Letter Service 2017 because that is the cycle I am applying for...should I have clicked 2016?

Thank you to everyone and anyone who can help me out!

How long did you wait between getting the "complete" status from interfolio and posting this thread? AMCAS isn't going to instantly say "received." Unless it's been like a week that you've been waiting, I would relax.

Are you guys sending letters in addition to your committee letter, or just not going through the CL process? Curious because my committee letter is ready with 3 LORs but my 4th recommender is taking additional time and I'm concerned it will delay my committee letter to late July. (AMCAS submitted 6/26).

I was considering asking the committee to just go ahead and submit their letter with the 3 LORs on file and then uploading the 4th letter to interfolio and sending it directly to AMCAS (which I anticipate being much faster), but I've also heard gonnif say that sending additional letters to the CL can be confusing... @gonnif any thoughts?

Currently my plan if she gets it done by next week is to just ask the committee to attach it to the packet without taking additional time to update the committee letter and to submit the letter ASAP (hopefully by 7/20, and I'm guessing that's about when I'll be verified).

The 4th letter is an employer letter from my scribe job while the 3 letters already on file with the committee are academic letters.