Interfolio vs. AMCAS Letter Writer Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pithy84

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The other threads on this topic are out-of-date, possibly.

1. Does the AMCAS Letter Writer Application cost money? Is it per letter, per school, or per letters multiplied by schools, or what?

2. At last thread, not all schools (MD) accepted AMCAS letters. I suspect they all do now, is that correct? Or is Interfolio still the only way for some schools?

3. Is the AMCAS Letter Writer system significantly more of a hassle for the person who writes the letter?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I used Interfolio and my recommenders found it straightforward. It's also nice that they allow you to store letters even after the cycle in case you need to reapply etc. I'd recommend it if you aren't using a committee letter.

I used Interfolio and my recommenders found it straightforward. It's also nice that they allow you to store letters even after the cycle in case you need to reapply etc. I'd recommend it if you aren't using a committee letter.
I did this because I was expecting to reapp, but then I realized that you probably want updated letters the next time around.

Members don't see this ad :)

Did you have to pay for each letter for interfolio after paying the main fee? It seems like it is charging me $6 for each letter i want to send to amcas. Is this normal?

Reactions: 1 user
Did you have to pay for each letter for interfolio after paying the main fee? It seems like it is charging me $6 for each letter i want to send to amcas. Is this normal?
Nope I had to pay just the main fee once. That's odd...