Internal transfer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmgrad24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question, I currently work for a retail chain and am looking to do an internal transfer and was wondering has anyone on here had any experience with this? I have a few concerns because I'm uncertain of the work conditions or the pay of the potential position I am thinking of applying to. I also don't want to potentially express interest in leaving my district and have my DM deny the transfer and then get stuck in an awkward situation. Anyone know the best way to go about this?

Members don't see this ad.

From what I encountered...internal is politics as usual. if they want you in another store, they will put you there.

Reactions: 1 user
It works best when you are trying to transfer relatively far away. It also helps if you have very good reason to transfer. Obviously the district taking you in would have to want you. I would say the DM of your new district has slightly more say but DM of your current district can just as easily block you. So yes, it is all about politics.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It works best when you are trying to transfer relatively far away. It also helps if you have very good reason to transfer. Obviously the district taking you in would have to want you. I would say the DM of your new district has slightly more say but DM of your current district can just as easily block you. So yes, it is all about politics.

Currently an intern for a chain looking to transfer to another district as well and stumbled upon this forum. If your current DM blocks the transfer for whatever reason that may be can you just quit and start the hiring process w/ the new store? Would the new DM mind it. Also, what would constitute as good reason to transfer in your opinion? Currently working w/ an RX Manager that is unbearable even w/ staff rph's and the new store is much closer to my home. Appreciate any input.

I've never worked with an unbearable rx manager. What exactly is going on?

At CVS, you are supposed to let your current Rx supervisor know before applying internally. This is stated on the the internal application in the section where you specify last year's performance review rating.

If your request is disregarded, you could quit and try to apply at another store, but you may not be eligible for rehire for a certain period of time (I heard it's 6 months but I didn't confirm with HR). Also your DM or supervisor might flag you as "do not rehire" out of spite.

I was in similar situation at wags . I was working with a psycho path rx manager. I wanted to transfer to closer district but old dm blocked me. I had to quit. It is not easy to get rehired i guess as the new dm has to call form dm for reference. At least that is what a scheduler who was a good friend with dm told me

I was in similar situation at wags . I was working with a psycho path rx manager. I wanted to transfer to closer district but old dm blocked me. I had to quit. It is not easy to get rehired i guess as the new dm has to call form dm for reference. At least that is what a scheduler who was a good friend with dm told me

Oh wow :( I'm so sorry,yeah I fear I might end up in a similar situation. What did you end up doing?

Someone tell me about psycho rx managers. What are they doing? Haha

Oh wow :( I'm so sorry,yeah I fear I might end up in a similar situation. What did you end up doing?
Now i am working for cvs. I HAD TO QUIT without a job lined up. It was that bad...

Someone tell me about psycho rx managers. What are they doing? Haha
They are crazy. They yell for no reason. They are incompetent. They argue with you over things they dont even know. They hate you because you r better than them

They are crazy. They yell for no reason. They are incompetent. They argue with you over things they dont even know. They hate you because you r better than them

At CVS, there is the ethics line which is taken very seriously if you haven't had the pleasure of dealing with them yet. Doesn't Wag have something similar that you could have filed a complaint with?

If a manager or supervisor yells at me for no reason, or incompetent, I would file an ethics complaint...

I haven't had a supervisor yelled at me so far... and I do **** up pretty badly sometimes. They just manage it as a learning experience and make sure I don't do the same again.