International Applicants for 2014-2015 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shim0shim

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, I thought that since international applicants to DO schools have their own specific concerns and inquiries, a thread made specifically for us would be useful :) I hope that this thread will get stickied.

Any concerns specific to an international applicant can be posted here. Concerns that all applicants can relate to, should be posted in the AACOMAS FAQ thread.

According to the Osteopathic Medicine College Information Book for 2015 entering class, there are ~21 DO schools that consider international applicants (non-US citizens or permanent residents):

ATSU-KCOM
AZCOM/MWU
CUSOM
CCOM/MWU
KCUMB/COM
LECOM
LECOM Bradenton
LMU-DCOM
MU-COM
MSUCOM
NSU-COM
PCOM
GA-PCOM
RowanSOM
TCOM
TouroCOM-NY
UNECOM
UP-KYCOM
VCOM-CC
VCOM-VC
Western U/COMP
WCUCOM

However, I have tried contacting some schools and I am getting misleading results. For example, according to the admissions coordinator of LECOM-Bradenton, they do not accept international students. But, according to CIB, they do. The similar confusion occurs with some of the above schools.

This is important because we are talking about 800-1k (due to the us-canadian dollar difference)for primary applications, if we are considering to apply to all these schools.

What are your ideas? Will you be applying to all schools? Which should be consider? Is the CIB mistaking?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
@ChineseKid applied last cycle from Canada. If I remember correctly he interviewed at a number of places and was accepted to azcom, mucom, and lmudcom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello guys, I thought that since international applicants to DO schools have their own specific concerns and inquiries, a thread made specifically for us would be useful :) I hope that this thread will get stickied.

Any concerns specific to an international applicant can be posted here. Concerns that all applicants can relate to, should be posted in the AACOMAS FAQ thread.

According to the Osteopathic Medicine College Information Book for 2015 entering class, there are ~21 DO schools that consider international applicants (non-US citizens or permanent residents):
ATSU-KCOM
AZCOM/MWU
CUSOM
CCOM/MWU
KCUMB/COM

LECOM
LECOM Bradenton
LMU-DCOM
MU-COM
MSUCOM
NSU-COM

PCOM
GA-PCOM
RowanSOM
TCOM
TouroCOM-NY
UNECOM

UP-KYCOM
VCOM-CC
VCOM-VC
Western U/COMP
WCUCOM

However, I have tried contacting some schools and I am getting misleading results. For example, according to the admissions coordinator of LECOM-Bradenton, they do not accept international students. But, according to CIB, they do. The similar confusion occurs with some of the above schools.

This is important because we are talking about 800-1k (due to the us-canadian dollar difference)for primary applications, if we are considering to apply to all these schools.

What are your ideas? Will you be applying to all schools? Which should be consider? Is the CIB mistaking?

Canadian DO student here, to my knowledge the bolded are the schools that actually take internationals (mostly Canadians) based on admission statistics from recent years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Canadian DO student here, to my knowledge the bolded are the schools that actually take internationals (mostly Canadians) based on admission statistics from recent years.

Yes, I agree with your bolded ones. My concern is if other schools have not accepted internationals in the past, then why do they specify "YES" to whether they accept international students on the College Information Book? I am wondering if this is for financial reasons, whether they want us to pay for secondaries, or whether they actually do consider our applications.

What happens if I omit a foreign university on my AACOMAS application? I'm having trouble getting my transcript sent over, I took a few classes in 2002 and they were all irrelevant business classes… Thanks

What happens if I omit a foreign university on my AACOMAS application? I'm having trouble getting my transcript sent over, I took a few classes in 2002 and they were all irrelevant business classes… Thanks
All university/college transcripts must be sent out to aacomas, even if they are irrelavent courses. If you did good in them it could potentially help your application.

ATStill - COM doesn't take internationals anymore
Remember the CIB is written up before schools firm up their admissions requirements. Most have information on their website about accepting international students and what they might need to do differently. I know that the CIB has wrong dates for some school in when materials are due. ALWAYS go by what the school says...no the CIB.