International dental graduate admission

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by tinaaasays, 01.14.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.

Thanks to Crack the NBDE

Thanks to QbankDMD
  1. tinaaasays

I am a US citizen studying dentistry in the philippines and am graduating in october 2014. My plan is to practice in CALIFORNIA. I am aware that i must complete another 2 years of school before i am eligible to take the licensure exam. I am also aware that colleges accept only a handful of international graduates (less than 30) each year to enter the 2 year program.

Now, being completely straight forward, my grades during college were average. I am even delayed a year because of failed classes.

This brings me to my questions:

1. How competitive is it to actually get into a program?
    2. Are there waiting lists for these programs?
    3. Are admissions based more on nbde scores or your past grades?

I would appreciate any information at all, or even anyone with a similar predicament, just to shed light on the situation.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Sperrgebiet

Hi! Im also from the philippines. I graduated last 2014 and now planning to take nbde1 this may. Im also wondering what how to get admitted in a university.
    Did you already passed the test? Are u already studying in a dental university? Hope to hear from you!

About the ads