International dentist applying to dental schools staying in Houston texas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have taken nbde part 1 and toefl and I applied in2015 cycle but did not get any call. I have just started to study for nbde part 2. Can anyone suggest me how can I improve my application. I shadowed as well for three months. Should I go for mph or any other course? Has anyone else done anything similar ?

Members don't see this ad.

There are many ways of improving your application. First of all give your NBDE part 2. Then there are four broad categories you can improve your application with: Research work, social/volunteer work, work/shadowing experience and continuing education.
Don't get discouraged by the lack of calls, especially if you are a first time applicant. Keep growing and try again. Best of luck :)

Reactions: 1 user
There are many ways of improving your application. First of all give your NBDE part 2. Then there are four broad categories you can improve your application with: Research work, social/volunteer work, work/shadowing experience and continuing education.
Don't get discouraged by the lack of calls, especially if you are a first time applicant. Keep growing and try again. Best of luck :)
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have taken nbde part 1 and toefl and I applied in2015 cycle but did not get any call. I have just started to study for nbde part 2. Can anyone suggest me how can I improve my application. I shadowed as well for three months. Should I go for mph or any other course? Has anyone else done anything similar ?
Hi, Im a foreign dentist living in Houston too:) where are you from? Im preparing to take Part 1 in May and Im super stressed , maybe you could give me some advice on how did you study.. I feel Im forgetting everything and don't know whether to buy Crack software or Dental Mastery .. Any comments you share will be valuable , gracias @Neat

Hi, Im a foreign dentist living in Houston too:) where are you from? Im preparing to take Part 1 in May and Im super stressed , maybe you could give me some advice on how did you study.. I feel Im forgetting everything and don't know whether to buy Crack software or Dental Mastery .. Any comments you share will be valuable , gracias @Neat
Hi..For part 1 I read dental decks, Asda question papers and then took tests on crack nbde . Crack nbde simulates the actual exam and tells you if you are ready for the test. You can go to their site crackthenbde.com and buy the part 1 test. Hope this helps. All the best

hi did you start your study.. am a foreign trained dentist in houston too.. just starting my studies.. planning to take kaplan courses any comments anyone?? maybe we should group up for studying some time

Hello all, If you are looking for volunteering opportunities Methodist hospital Houston have them. Please follow the website, you can contact them [email protected] . Good luck!

hi did you start your study.. am a foreign trained dentist in houston too.. just starting my studies.. planning to take kaplan courses any comments anyone?? maybe we should group up for studying some time
Hi , Im taking the test at the end of May .. Instead of Kaplan what I've been told is that Dental Board Mastery App and Crack software is better.

Have you passed the Nbde already? I am interested in buying books to study for the Nbde 1? Any advice?

Are you working anywhere in houston? As a RDA or something?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app