International/ Non-traditional student: Am I delusional?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

camijime

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone -

I am a non-traditional perspective student who would love to ask your opinion with regards to my situation, specifically:

Am I delusional to think I could get into Med School here in the US given my background and citizenships?

Here is some info about me.

Citizenships: British, Italian, Colombian (sadly the latter is no of much use...)
Undegrad: BA in Communication at Milan University, Italy - Class of 2004
UG GPA: 3.9 - No science courses taken, only social sciences
Graduate school: MBA at the Stern School of Business, NYU - Class of 2011
Graduate GPA: 3.5 so far but could boost it up if needed
Professional background in film-making and business

I have been considering a couple of Post-bacs to start in Summer 2011, as soon as I finish my MBA - Many programs discourage international students from applying claiming most Med Schools don't accept international applicants, but I have done some research and found that many actually do.

I am hoping my MBA + the Post Bac at either Bryn Mawrd or HCP will help in that respect...

Do you guys think it's worth trying?

I am already scared about the decision per se, I wouldn't want to invest so much time and energy in successfully completing my requirements if I don't stand a good enough chance of getting in.

Thanks so much for your help!
Camila

Members don't see this ad.

Embarking on this road will be time consuming and expensive, without a guarantee of success, but others have done it.

I suggest you do a Search in this forum with search term "international," for more information. Further, go to the Non-Traditional Forum and do an Advanced Search for SDN members sharmi and mouseben to see what their experiences have been.