International Opportunities for Fall 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gr8fu11

NCSU CVM c/o 2019
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need yall's help. I am a rising second year and I am trying to find an international experience for Winter 2016. Ideally I would like for it be 1-3 weeks in a Spanish speaking country. Do you all know of any programs that offer veterinary experiences abroad? I would prefer those that allow veterinary students to have more responsibility.

OR

If you are an international DVM student do you know of any clinics in Central or South America that I could shadow and lend a helping hand. I can also make my own experience, I just dont know where to start. Setting a goal for the end of the semester will help with motivation for Fall 2016.

Members don't see this ad.

You can check out World Vets. They only have 1-week programs, I believe, but I've heard great things about what you get to do.

There's Vida too. Their programs are hit or miss though depending on the vet that leads it (as in, some let you do the entire surgeries while they watch, and some let you watch and maybe hold or ligate something).

I need yall's help. I am a rising second year and I am trying to find an international experience for Winter 2016. Ideally I would like for it be 1-3 weeks in a Spanish speaking country. Do you all know of any programs that offer veterinary experiences abroad? I would prefer those that allow veterinary students to have more responsibility.

OR

If you are an international DVM student do you know of any clinics in Central or South America that I could shadow and lend a helping hand. I can also make my own experience, I just dont know where to start. Setting a goal for the end of the semester will help with motivation for Fall 2016.
You're an NC State student, correct? Talk to Andy Stringer. https://cvm.ncsu.edu/directory/stringer-andrew/

Dr. Stringer is a REALLY neat person (plus, he's a Brit- what's not to love? Adorable accent). He was specifically hired by the NCSU CVM to build up our global veterinary program. He is developing a certificate program for students in global veterinary medicine, and has many connections for students to obtain opportunities overseas. Stringer spent multiple years working in rural Africa before his hire by NCSU. He teaches a bit in the 2nd year Epi course (that's where I met him), but is really friendly and would love for you to go and talk with him. Set up a meeting :)

Reactions: 1 user