International Optometrist. What are my chances to get in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FrenchGirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody, I am a French girl who is about to graduate in a MS in Optometry and Vision Science in France at Paris Orsay University in France.
Prior to that, I completed a BA in Optometry (I know in the US there is no such a thing, but in France it does exist). I am in the process of trying to come to the US to pursue an OD program and I wanted to know the different options that were available to me. I already sent my degrees and transcripts to WES in order to start applications. I believe my grades are good enough to be translated into a grade slightly higher than a 3.0 GPA. It is very difficult to get accurate information when inquiring from France.
I already called all the schools, and they all just tell me to send in the application, but I wanna go the extra mile, and really know if I have a serious chance.

I am pretty sure I completed all the prerequisite classes, since I’ve been studying Optometry in college for 6 years now.
What kind of program is available to me? I honestly have no idea of what my chances are to get in an OD program.

Any insight or previous experience shared would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Naomi

Members don't see this ad.