International PharmD program at nova southeastern 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck to you all. Please share your experience.

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck to you all. Please share your experience.
Thanks.
Don't worry about the waiting time. You will get an interview invite as you have good stats, just keep checking your spam folder too. It is possible that sometimes the email goes in spam folder so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks @Ashi09 I already checked it. I wonder if they are still sending invitations or just all at one time?

Thanks @Ashi09 I already checked it. I wonder if they are still sending invitations or just all at one time?
I don't think the school sends all invite at one time. But if it has been long time since your application got completed. You should ask them on phone about the status.

I called 9542621101 this morning. And the lady who answered said that my file is still under review. When did you apply? Do you know any better way to contact the school for exact information? Thanks​

I called 9542621101 this morning. And the lady who answered said that my file is still under review. When did you apply? Do you know any better way to contact the school for exact information? Thanks​
I applied around nov end or first week of december. But, my file was complete on january 2nd because of holidays.
Then I was just thinking to call to ask my status at the end of this month and I got email.
But, I think the major part is still remaining. Hope it all goes well.

I got a call around 6/7th january stating my application was complete. But when i spoke to jeff, he told me that they would still require toefl from me even though i did masters in US. so i went ahead, gave toefl and my score was submitted just this past tuesday which made my application complete. I guess i just got my score in time...There will be few more rounds of interview though @meyt. Go ahead and read some forums from past years, people have got their interview calls even in april...hope that gives u peace of mind

@nirav149 how did you contact with Jeff? I did not take toefl since I completed two English composition classes here in the us. Thanks so much. You re so kind to encourage me. However, I almost give up hope now since I got a phone call in mid December said my file was ready to review. I think people who got invited in April might apply late. Anyway, I would love to hear good news from you. Please keep in touch. Good luck to you @nirav149.

How are you guys preparing for interview ?

I emailed Jeff twice about the status, there is no any response.......Need I to call him? Hate waiting:drowning:

Hey @yolla , When was your interview ? Is there any writing sample ? Can you share your experience ? Thanks,

Hey @yolla , When was your interview ? Is there any writing sample ? Can you share your experience ? Thanks,

I did not got the interview invitation yet...Still waiting...Sorry, can not help you....

Members don't see this ad :)
november end. and by mid decemeber they were informed of acceptance
Hey,
Do you know what specific questions did they ask during your cousin's interview?
I just got to know that they ask basic questions why pharmacy and about us, but still I want to be sure about it.

Are you guys done with the interview ?
can you please share the details of interview ?

May be its too early but did anybody got call yet ?

Congrats to you guys. Could you please share what did they ask you at the interview?

Hi Nirav and Ashi..I got call for interview, today.
could you please share brief details of the interview. It would be very helpful for me if you can post any details of the interview.
Thanks in advance

If you got interview call, as far as i know, you are selected. I don't know why they call students for interview, but its just formal hi hello kind of meeting. They ask useless questions to whom you give useless answers - like why pharmacy ? why nova ? and stuff...But at least for this year, of all people that i know who went for interview, all of them were selected. Nothing to worry about the interview. Just answer confidently, doesn't matter what you say - cause there is not right or wrong answer - just say confidently and you should be good.
Good luck

If you got interview call, as far as i know, you are selected. I don't know why they call students for interview, but its just formal hi hello kind of meeting. They ask useless questions to whom you give useless answers - like why pharmacy ? why nova ? and stuff...But at least for this year, of all people that i know who went for interview, all of them were selected. Nothing to worry about the interview. Just answer confidently, doesn't matter what you say - cause there is not right or wrong answer - just say confidently and you should be good.
Good luck
Thanq so much Nirav

Hello everyone!
Is there anybody who is going to change immigration status to F-1 student in US? Or is currently on F-1 student visa and got accepted to NSU?

Still Waiting for interview call. I called to Ms.Jeff so many times but she never replied me back. Can you tell me what I have to do?

Still Waiting for interview call. I called to Ms.Jeff so many times but she never replied me back. Can you tell me what I have to do?
Email Ms. Jessie Sutton as many times you can. You can call to her contact no. but generally, she doesn't answer the calls. Just try to leave voice mail.
Good luck

Heyyy
I wanted to know whether nova southeastern university accept student' s application even after the deadline? Im really counting only on this one as I didn't apply to any other university :'(

Hello. I am looking for an apartment at fort lauderdale near the campus. Please help me out guys, as i came to know recently about my seat at there. Please let me know, if u know any good communities. I am looking for sharing with ladies. If you have any vacancies in your apartments or any other information regarding apartments, please text me to my inbox. Thank You in advance.

Hi guys,

I thought I'd start a discussion about this. I cant seem to find anyone else who applied to do the international pharmD program. hellooooo?! lol :whistle::unsure:

Also to let you know, there is another school in Oregon has a program for International Pharmacy students. I do not remember the name but it should be easy to look up

hey anyone applying for fall 2015 international program?
Has anyone submitted the application yet?

Hi Harry,
I applied for Fall 2015 and got an interview invitation for Dec 5th, 2014.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello. I am looking for an apartment at fort lauderdale near the campus. Please help me out guys, as i came to know recently about my seat at there. Please let me know, if u know any good communities. I am looking for sharing with ladies. If you have any vacancies in your apartments or any other information regarding apartments, please text me to my inbox. Thank You in advance.

FYI there's a service provided by nova called roommate finder. It lists the apartments nearby and in neighbouring cities as well as students that are looking for roommates

hey mine too on 5th dec. Where r u from? and how r u preparing?
What time are you scheduled for the interview? I'm from Bangladesh. Honestly, I haven't prepared anything yet. :/

What time are you scheduled for the interview? I'm from Bangladesh. Honestly, I haven't prepared anything yet. :/
dont worry we are in the same boat. just relax and give your best. see u tomorrow.

hey just wanted to ask you as what kind of questions do they ask for interview and what's the format of the process.. would be glad if you could share the information..
Thanks in advance

Hi Harry,
hey just wanted to ask you as what kind of questions do they ask for interview and what's the format of the process.. would be glad if you could share the information..
Thanks in advance

Hi Harry,
Thanks in advance

Thanks in advance
hiii
here is the list of possible questions

INTERVIEW QUESTIONS: COLLEGE OF PHARMACY

1. What did you do after high school?
2. What influenced your decision to be a pharmacist? (why do you want to become a pharmacist)
3. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? (5 yrs, etc)
4. Do you see yourself working in a retail pharmacy?
5. What are some of the different areas (fields) in pharmacy?
6. Do you have any pharmacy experience? If so, what do you like about your job?
7. What is the greatest issue facing the health care field today, and how would you fix it?
8. If you were to pick up a magazine, what would it be?
9. How did you prepare for the PCAT?
10. Why do you feel a specific PCAT score was low? (Explain your PCAT scores)
11. What is your first school choice?
12. Why do you want to come to NSU (other school)
13. What other school(s) did you apply to?
14. What would you do if all of the schools to which you applied rejected you? (What would you do if you are not accepted this year?)
15. Where would you go if you are accepted in all the schools you applied to?
16. If a friend of yours were to describe you, what 3 words would they use?
17. How would your friends describe you and your study habits?
18. Why did you change from a career in business?
19. What is your strength? Weakness? (Tell us 3 of you weaknesses, etc
20. What did you do during your break from school (1985-1994)?
21. How do you study for your classes?
22. What is your best subject? Worst subject?
23. Can you handle 18 credits?
24. How are your time management skills?
25. Let’s say you left a class with a huge pile of material to memorize for your next class. How would you study it?
26. What are your extracurricular activities?
27. Why pharmacy?
28. Tell me about yourself.
29. What do you do for fun/to relieve stress?
30. What sets you apart from other applicants who have applied?
31. Your greatest strength/weakness?
32. Your greatest accomplishment?
33. How do you study/prepare for a test?
34. Recall a difficult situation/ethical dilemma you were faced with and how you dealt with it?
35. Why should we accept you?
36. What are the qualities of a pharmacist (that you possess)?
37. Can PharmD’s prescribe?
38. What does a pharmacist do?
39. Who is your role model/mentor? Why?
40. Describe a situation where you took on a leadership role.
41. 3 adjectives describing yourself.
42. The future of pharmacy/challenges in the field?
43. What sticks out to you in our curriculum?
44. What has shaped your moral character?
45. How did you deal with a situation where you had to work with someone you didn’t like very much?
46. What was your defining moment for deciding on a career in pharmacy?
47. Describe a time you gave someone the benefit of the doubt.
48. Describe to us a time you were misunderstood with something you said.
49. Describe a time you were altruistic.

Thanks in advance
r u international candidate? when is ur interview?