International PharmD program at Nova Southeastern University--2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey erikphar1,

If u r mailing a check send it to Jessie's attention:

Nova southeastern University,
Health Professions Division,
HPD admissions-pharmacy,
Attn: Jessie
3200 south university drive
fort lauderdale
fl-33328-2018.

I suggest u btr pay online, coz it is 26th already.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey erikphar1,

If u r mailing a check send it to Jessie's attention:

Nova southeastern University,
Health Professions Division,
HPD admissions-pharmacy,
Attn: Jessie
3200 south university drive
fort lauderdale
fl-33328-2018.

I suggest u btr pay online, coz it is 26th already.

thanks so much !!! but how can i pay online? i can't find any info on their website. also can we email the confirmation letter instead of mailing letter?

hey erikphar1,

PM me ue email id so i can forward u the attachment jessie sent me. I didn't get my acceptance in mail so she emailed me a copy. i donno anythin about a confirmation letter. do we have to send any confirmation letter? i just paid the $1000.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey erikphar1,

PM me ue email id so i can forward u the attachment jessie sent me. I didn't get my acceptance in mail so she emailed me a copy. i donno anythin about a confirmation letter. do we have to send any confirmation letter? i just paid the $1000.

Hi I did PM u already. Thanks so much :)

Whom should I mail to ask requirements in NOVA.. does anyone have any e-mail ID . I need to ask if I hv to retake TOEFL if my score is expired.

Hi...Can anyone tell me which one is better...? Nova or Western..? got acceptance from both and just confused...!!

Hi...Can anyone tell me which one is better...? Nova or Western..? got acceptance from both and just confused...!!

go for western , because the bad thing about nova is that we have video conference class at nova ,,nt real one..:(

If i were you I'D go to western university as he said its video taped classes in nova like you're watching you tube or any video

Pharma2014 did you heard any good news?! I think you and I hopeless cause lol since june around the corner and we haven't heard anything from the school so must probably we will get the rejection letter soon as they gonna start in august no time,,Oh its really hurt when you get reject :(

I got acceptance to both as well.

I chose Nova: it's cheaper,they have scholarships,you can go out of state for rotations and it's no longer video [they're integrating you with P2]

even i applied to nova for the int.pharmd programme.til now i didnt receive any thing frm NSU.Wats your openion , do i need to wait further ? are u guys sure that they stoped interviewing students for fall 2011....?

Members don't see this ad :)
i got 900 for gre and 81 for toefl and 3.9gpa.and ive send my application and documents on january. thats wat happend till now ...any hope ?

@dr.honey wat do u think..did u try calling nsu these days?

we are in the same boat unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any useful information since Tracy left the school I was emailing her and she was always updating us and last time before she left the school she said they are still sending more invitation that was in april, so. in my personal opinion I dont think they will interview more students since its too late we 're almost in june I think also their criteria in choosing student is selecting students with master degree and more better if its done in USA

RUNN I was calling almost every day and every one tell me a different story some times they tell me you have to wait for the final decision :scared:and it will be mailed by the end of may or the first week of june another day they said they will be interviewing more students in the summer i almost give up and the new director of the program doesnt have space to recieve new mail message and she doesnt even pick up the school phone :xf:

ya..in one of the comments above..it was written that,the college is limiting the seats to 20 ? is that true ?..i am totally depend on this admission..hope everything will be fine soon...even i tried calling ,but all the time they will tel "your application is still under review " so dont know wat to do...anyway lets wait for another 2more weeks...:confused:

Nova is better than western in all aspects

jobs
study,

@erikphar1. can u tel me how much u got for all the exams like gre , toefl , gpa , pcat so on ?

Guys, i encourage everyone to join the page of Nova Southeastern University class of 2014 on facebook...to share information regarding the admission and other valuable information. I am sure that everyone has facebook account so just search for that page and join it, the page has display picture of shark with NSU written on it....thanks see you there !!!! :thumbup:

@erikphar1. can u tel me how much u got for all the exams like gre , toefl , gpa , pcat so on ?

Hi
I have no GRE, TOELF, or PCAT at all . I have only ielt score which is only 6 and GPA 3.34. plus I took fpgee exam and got 96 on 2008. I have work experience as a hospital pharmacist for 1 year. That 's all . . I think it depends on luck. hope you hear good news soon. :xf:

thank u soo much...dont know..is that true that..they are going to take only 20members in this yr ?

I don't know if is that true they gonna take only 20 students it seems unfair since last year it was almost 45 students.anyhow,it's too late to ask since we're obviously have been rejected lol good luck next year

I don't know if is that true they gonna take only 20 students it seems unfair since last year it was almost 45 students.anyhow,it's too late to ask since we're obviously have been rejected lol good luck next year

ohhh..You got rejection letter...k..good luck for next year..:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hello Guys ,

I am new to this thread. My situation is same as DR Honey's. I am so tired of waiting. This ppl at NOva only ask us to wait and wait and wait. I am applying since past two yrs now. Last year I guess I did not even get a rejection letter or anything. I just had to assume I was rejected. This year also I feel it is going to be the same thing. I do not know on what basis they give admissions. I am a greencard holder. GPA is 4/4 TOEFL 115, GRE 1200 plus 2 and 1/2 yrs pharmacy tech exp . What more can you ask for? N still no interview. IT sucks big time. I used to call them and email them regularly. Jessie asked me to email her once every week. I did like once every 2 weeks but used to call more often. Only answer was "have patience". I emailed the Deans office directly to ask on what basis were they making admissions because I feel my scores are higher than normal. And I got a call next day from some one in the office saying that I should not email or call so often . The dean's schedule is busy and all. BUt there has to be some one who can tell us on what basis the admissions are made? If Jessie does not , than the obvi I will ask the DEAn right? And Jessie also told me to email her once in a week and check. I have applied since NOv last yr and I am losing hope. I have got admission in MS at Rush UNI for biotech. I am confused now. I also have to give them an answer.

I am really tired of all this. And again this year is going to go waste I guess :(

Hello Guys ,

I am new to this thread. My situation is same as DR Honey's. I am so tired of waiting. This ppl at NOva only ask us to wait and wait and wait. I am applying since past two yrs now. Last year I guess I did not even get a rejection letter or anything. I just had to assume I was rejected. This year also I feel it is going to be the same thing. I do not know on what basis they give admissions. I am a greencard holder. GPA is 4/4 TOEFL 115, GRE 1200 plus 2 and 1/2 yrs pharmacy tech exp . What more can you ask for? N still no interview. IT sucks big time. I used to call them and email them regularly. Jessie asked me to email her once every week. I did like once every 2 weeks but used to call more often. Only answer was "have patience". I emailed the Deans office directly to ask on what basis were they making admissions because I feel my scores are higher than normal. And I got a call next day from some one in the office saying that I should not email or call so often . The dean's schedule is busy and all. BUt there has to be some one who can tell us on what basis the admissions are made? If Jessie does not , than the obvi I will ask the DEAn right? And Jessie also told me to email her once in a week and check. I have applied since NOv last yr and I am losing hope. I have got admission in MS at Rush UNI for biotech. I am confused now. I also have to give them an answer.

I am really tired of all this. And again this year is going to go waste I guess :(

I feel you because we're almost in the same situation, as i have mention they give the preference to the candidates with Master degree from USA or at less if you have passed fpgee exam and worked in USA in these situations you can grant the admission I think they won't even send rejection letters this year, when ever i call they tell me my cause is still pending and under review, they are waiting for the addmission office ,APPARENTLY I got rejected. My question is why they keep us hoping we could hear from them a good news soon and we know its already june too late to hear from them as they have select the candidates already.anyhow, dont bother you could make it next year you never know maybe god wants you to attend better school :xf:

Last edited:
I feel you because we're almost in the same situation, as i have mention they give the preference to the candidates with Master degree from USA or at less if you have passed fpgee exam and worked in USA in these situations you can grant the admission I think they won't even send rejection letters this year, when ever i call they tell me my cause is still pending and under review, they are waiting for the addmission office ,APPARENTLY I got rejected. My question is why they keep us hoping we could hear from them a good news soon and we know its already june too late to hear from them as they have select the candidates already.anyhow, dont bother you could make it next year you never know maybe good wants you to attend better school :xf:

Well,maybe that is the case,but it wasn't so with me. I don't have a masters,nor have i worked in the US. I live in England,went to canada to do a bpharm and i have 1 years hosp experience in england. I called the day before i left to go to western to query the status of my application. Next thing i know, i got invite for interview.

thank u soo much...dont know..is that true that..they are going to take only 20members in this yr ?

Apparently they are. They plan on combining the international class with the normal PharmD folks.

I talked with some one from admissions. She said they are taking 40 students not 20. But she was from ADMISSIONS and not PHARMACY, so cannot be 100% sure.

Dr Honey, I called them again today and it shows my application decision is "still pending". I do not know what to now. She says they will conduct more interviews, i do not even want to believe them :(

@ dpharmd i think its better to do MS..because after MS on what ground they will reject u ?and i dont think there will be 40 seats..because all these 20 student who had their interview, got their interview letter months back.so stil do we need to belive them they are going to interview us ? i dont think so..!!the classes are going to start on auguest or september..!! all of a sudden will they call and take interview...?they are just making escuses..!!its ridiculus..y cant they say it openly..!!its students life,and if u didnt receive a rejection letter last year means ,...?iany way its not your mistake or incapability..!!honestly i tel u to take the MS admission..!!any way..all the best...!! be happy atleast u applied for MS.wat should i do for another one year...?now i regret for not applying for MS ..!! hope everything go good soon..take care..!! @dpharmd u got good gre score 1200 but wat u mean by plus 2?

Last edited:
Hello guys,

First of all congrates to all who got accepted. I need help from you guys . Some one heard rumors that this year they are accepting only 20 students. So can you help us to make sure that this is rumor or truth ? If you ask them or do email about this they will give you the right answer b'cuz now you all are the official member of NSU. Plz help us . And thank you In advance.:xf::xf::xf:

@Runnn why would I waste money after MS if I want to do PharmD later also? I am so confused. Cannot think anything!!

If one of the accepted students can ask jessie about this situation it would be much better because they always say different things and getting us confused

If one of the accepted students can ask jessie about this situation it would be much better because they always say different things and getting us confused

Yes it is around 20-25 students. That's all that were interviewed.

that means they are gonna take only 20 students this yr...? is that right ?if it so...no need to wait further more...!!i dont think...they will take interview again..i dont know,im srry im guessing...!! y cant the school people say this to all...if they are taking only 20 students in this year..the admission section people is saying lie to all...if not we having hope..but still the same question..."will they take intervew for 20 students in this last moment "?

RUN and the others dont waste your time waiting for NOVA interview live your life guys and PHarmacas is open now for 2012 look for agood school and try to apply early as soon as you can and believe me your chance will be higher to be interview next year dont count only on one school as i did there are many schools you can apply to not only nova just try to apply soon forget about NOVA they wont call you guys

i really dont know wat to do...whats pharmcas..? is it for writing pcat ? what should i do with pcat score..? which all colleges i can apply next ,?and one more question with pcat score , will i get admission for regular pharmd.since i have batchlors degree in pharmacy...?i really dont mind for studying for another 4yrs ....and pls just list all the collegs where i could apply next yr ?

Runn pharmcas where you can apply for pharmd program because alot of schools dont accept any online application only through pharmcas websit so just go there and make your online account then fill up all the sections and then you have to pay for the application it depends on how many schools you are going to apply to there are more than 100 schools just choose your suitable schools then you need to take pcat exam if its required and mostly its and send your transcription or ask ECE or WES to sent it to them if you need more information inbox me i've done my application already i have choosen 17 universities lol because as i have mention i made mistake last year when i just counted on NOva so it's never to late to re-correct the mistake that I've done good luck all :)

Runn pharmcas where you can apply for pharmd program because alot of schools dont accept any online application only through pharmcas websit so just go there and make your online account then fill up all the sections and then you have to pay for the application it depends on how many schools you are going to apply to there are more than 100 schools just choose your suitable schools then you need to take pcat exam if its required and mostly its and send your transcription or ask ECE or WES to sent it to them if you need more information inbox me i've done my application already i have choosen 17 universities lol because as i have mention i made mistake last year when i just counted on NOva so it's never to late to re-correct the mistake that I've done good luck all :)

DR.honey,

so u r thinking to do all 5 yrs of pharmacy again? or is thr any accelerated course in those universities too.

hello crazy pharma it's not 5 years oh my heart too much:laugh: its 3 to 4 only but mostly 3 years ( accelerated program) there's alot of school you should take a look i didnt know about it till i search and emailed them that's really rock and some of them dont accepted only us citizen or permanent resident and i've found 3 schools in my state (virginia) in which state do you live guys?!!

hello crazy pharma it's not 5 years oh my heart too much:laugh: its 3 to 4 only but mostly 3 years ( accelerated program) there's alot of school you should take a look i didnt know about it till i search and emailed them that's really rock and some of them dont accepted only us citizen or permanent resident and i've found 3 schools in my state (virginia) in which state do you live guys?!!

Hey, you guys can try sullivan unvierity, Western university of health sciences..if you're willing to go to canada..there's toronto uni and uni of british col

thts good
can u post me links in msg and also i m in NJ... i dont know if we have to do some exatra credits. is it so? or do we get admission just with PCAT ,gre, toefl and b.pharm from india, i.e. WES...?????:confused::confused: i m sorry i m really clueless abt tht..