internet medicine is here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

allantois

Conversation Starter
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I happen to stumble upon this app yesterday:
https://www.sprucehealth.com/

For $40, you can send pictures of your skin lesions along with pertinent history and within 24 hours get a reply from a US dermatologist with a treatment plan, and prescriptions sent to your pharmacy (CA/FL/NY/PA only).

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Last time I went to a dermatologist, the biopsy needed to be sent to a lab for definite diagnosis. Seems like it'd be difficult to diagnose with a high degree of certainly using just a picture.

Hmm, seems just like pocketderm? Or are they doing more than prescribing acne medication?

Members don't see this ad :)
they got some fancy doctors working for em

Good luck with that. I'd be interested to see for how many of their cases the treatment plan is "cannot evaluate" or "see a local physician for further work-up." Derm is significantly more than just looking at lesions, and a lot of that detail is missed with a single picture.

Hmm, seems just like pocketderm? Or are they doing more than prescribing acne medication?

It's primarily for acne.

What surprises me is that there are dermatologists willing to do this for such a small reimbursement.

I think it's a good idea if a person wants to find out if something is life threatening or can wait until the next day to see an ER or urgent care clinic.

It's primarily for acne.

What surprises me is that there are dermatologists willing to do this for such a small reimbursement.

If it's for acne, they probably have a couple of standard formulations of tretinoin/clindamycin and just assign you doses based on how long you've been on the medication/self-reported skin sensitivity. At least that's how pocketderm works.