About the ads

Interns how are you holding up?

Discussion in 'Internship' started by Voxel, Sep 28, 2002.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. Voxel

Voxel Moderator Emeritus

SDN 7+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    So we are about 1/4 way through internship year. Just wanted to see how everyone is holding up? It always tough to come to work when you have really sick patients. Things will get better! :)
  2. nodiggity

nodiggity Junior Member

I'm in what's considered a fairly "cush" transitional internship, but I still find myself getting bitter and frustrated with the way sh*t rolls downhill at hospitals. I'm doing q3 now in the ICU, and yesterday I snapped at my senior resident when he told me to move my 1 day off a week. More than a few times I've wished that a patient who's crashing in the middle of the night would just die already. It seems like internship is bringing out the worst base animal instincts in me. Plus I'm turning into a fat slob from eating junk food at random hours. I'm thankful that my wife works out of town a lot b/c I'm not much fun to be around these days. Can't wait to start anesthesiology next year, cause this internal medicine stuff is a raw deal. I think we just have to learn to resign ourselves to the fact that as interns, we are the hospital's b*tches.
  3. SomeFakeName

SomeFakeName Removed

Preach on brother, preach on...
  4. MustafaMond

MustafaMond K-Diddy M.D.

SDN 7+ Year Member
    goin smooth:clap: