Internship documenting problem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

javksmith93

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all Ive been trying to get all my volunteer hours verified and one of the hospitals I worked at has a 120 odd hours verified for me in their system. However I also did an internship in 2012 with them for about 70 hours total they have my application for doing an internship and that I started(did) an internship but they do not keep records of how long the internship lasted. My question is if I put on 70 hours but amcas and medical schools can't verify I actually did the 70 hours will that look bad? Basically will they think I am lying and thus would it be better to leave that of my application?

Members don't see this ad.

The likelihood that any school will actually go through the efforts to verify this kind of thing are slim to none. List your supervisor as the contact for the internship experience (perhaps include it in the activity description if you're planning on listing the two together) and forget about it.

Reactions: 1 user
The likelihood that any school will actually go through the efforts to verify this kind of thing are slim to none. List your supervisor as the contact for the internship experience (perhaps include it in the activity description if you're planning on listing the two together) and forget about it.

Perfect I do have the supervisor and again she has my application and the notice that I started an internship. I set the internship up through a school teacher do you think it would be a good idea to get his contact information and put it on the amcas or am I being paranoid/neurotic premed?

Perfect I do have the supervisor and again she has my application and the notice that I started an internship. I set the internship up through a school teacher do you think it would be a good idea to get his contact information and put it on the amcas or am I being paranoid/neurotic premed?

Yes, I would include the teacher's information. Again, list this separately within the activity description if you're planning on listing both the volunteering as well as the internship under the same AMCAS activity (which it sounds like you're thinking of doing). If you're going to list them as two separate activities, then just use the appropriate contact information for each.