Interships during P4 Year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cangri One

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am currently a P3. I am starting to get a little worried as I have never had an internship or a job at a pharmacy. The only experience I have is from rotations and every employer that comes to talk to us says internships are a must if you want a job. Problem is during the school year I can't imagine having to work once a week, when as it is I barely had time to even eat or shower during p2 year since I spend so much time attending classes and studying. My question is do any companies hire interns during P4 years so I can schedule them around my rotations?

Members don't see this ad.

Not commonly. Internships are an important gateway into postgrad employment, article in today's WSJ regarding this.

I think it depends on what you're trying to get in to. If you're looking for hospital staff positions, it's going to be tough with only school experience. As far as retail, I got offered a position with no intern experience. Lots of people in my class got hired on also without intern experience as well. Rite Aid and Walgreens seemed to be the ones that were hiring non interns in my area.