Interview = Acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

easyas123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the general outcome of getting an interview? Does an interview mean you will most likely get accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

No. Some have better odds but some schools have like a 30% chance of acceptance with an interview. Get the adea guide it's all there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you happen to know the acceptance rate for nyu. Pre dec interview?
No. Some have better odds but some schools have like a 30% chance of acceptance with an interview. Get the adea guide it's all there.

NYU didn't list their interview/acceptance ratio on the ADEA guide.

=/ I pray it's high lol

Me too! As far as people mentioning how expensive NYU is, the military scholarship is always an option. I am considering applying for it because if I end up at a private school it would definitely help a lot. Plus military experience always looks great :)

Me too! As far as people mentioning how expensive NYU is, the military scholarship is always an option. I am considering applying for it because if I end up at a private school it would definitely help a lot. Plus military experience always looks great :)
I have a friend in the army he keeps telling me to do it. It's actually not as easy as we think. We have to apply to the scholarship and it's hard to get into.=(

The Ada guide only gives "enrolled" not "accepted". Lots of competitive OOS decline the invitation so those numbers are inaccurate. My guess is 40-75% based on a 2010 "dental school by the numbers" guide but it is outdated. I have no idea the source of that information either.

according to ADEA Guide, For Ohio State, they interviewed 117 IS students last year and accepted 107 of those interviewed...... is this data reliable? Seems a little high.

The Ada guide only gives "enrolled" not "accepted". Lots of competitive OOS decline the invitation so those numbers are inaccurate. My guess is 40-75% based on a 2010 "dental school by the numbers" guide but it is outdated. I have no idea the source of that information either.

The invited, accepted, enrolled numbers are around page 35 in the ADEA guide, not on the actual info page for each dental school. But many of the accepted numbers are not accurate or not even recorded.