Interview Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anselmian

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am fortunate enough to have an interview coming up, and am looking for just a little bit of guidance!

What should I actually bring? I have updated my resume, as I've started a new research program and have begun to serve on the IRB. I'm assuming I should bring 3-5 copies of my updated resume, and maybe a few printouts of my research description?

I am applying early, and if matriculated in 2015, would not have received my undergraduate degree (I am class of 2016). Should I avoid this sore subject during the interview? I somehow feel like they must have overlooked it when offering me a pre-Dec. opportunity.. The problem here is, I don't have a beautiful story as to why I decided to apply early.. I've just known what I want to do, and done everything I can to get there as soon as possible..

Finally.. With an interview in October, what are the chances that I will find out whether I was accepted or rejected between December 1st and 3rd? Is there still a chance that I'll have to wait an extended period of time, or do they generally make the decision soon after the interview?

Also the school is UNE, in case that matters at all!

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, I haven't brought anything more than what the school asked to any of my interviews. Usually they ask for a 2x2 photo and maybe a driver's license. Other than that, a notebook and pens. No ones going to ask for your resume, and I think it would seem pushy to give it to people. If you're excited about your new project, I'm sure you'll get a chance to talk about it in the interview.

Your last question depends on the school. You can ask them during the information session when you should expect to hear back.