Interview advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

y0ssarian87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I received an internship offer from the VA recently for their VALOR program. Before receiving the offer, I had also done phone screenings with Novartis and AstraZeneca for internships with them. Yesterday, both AZ and Novartis asked me to come interview on-site. The pharma internships are for data management and personalized healthcare business development, so not strictly pharmacy-related. I have accepted the VALOR internship, but I was wondering if I should continue interviewing just for the experience. What are your thoughts?

I think I'd like working in industry eventually, but I don't think data management and business development are right for me. Additionally, I think my value in industry as a pharmacist would come from practical clinical knowledge, which I could gain from something like the VALOR program. Also, I think I'd like something a little more clinically-oriented in an industry position -- maybe PKPD or clinical development. Regardless, I think the VALOR program is right for me at this point as a student.

Members don't see this ad.

I would say don't waste their time if you don't want the position.

Personalized healthcare business development sounds pretty cool. Data management sounds like watching paint dry.