Interview at Scholl

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

egustafson01

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have an interview at Scholl next week and just wondering on what other people thought about the interview day, the process and what travel accommodations people used?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on getting interview at Scholl. The best advice would to be yourself and really know Y u want to be a Pod.
If you dont mind sharing your stats? Thanks and good luck.

3.5 GPA, need to take MCAT again, original one was 29, did a year of PT school, have many hours of shadowing both Pods and MDs, and decided to get out bc I want to be a Podiatrist

Members don't see this ad :)
Your stats are awesome. I do not think that it is necessary to take MCATs again with a score of 29. Is there any particular reason for retaking? What is your first choice schools?

3.5 GPA, need to take MCAT again, original one was 29, did a year of PT school, have many hours of shadowing both Pods and MDs, and decided to get out bc I want to be a Podiatrist

Bc i took it in 2008 and they said that it is too old to use as a means of admission, which I think sucks to be honest, bc I do not want to take it again. My first choice is Scholl bc I am originally from Chicago, and I really like the area, however, my 2nd choice is OCPM because of their current merger with Kent.

Have an interview at Scholl next week and just wondering on what other people thought about the interview day, the process and what travel accommodations people used?

Are you flying into Chicago or are you from the area? If you are flying into Chicago (O'Hare) then you can get a taxi to Scholl for around $40. If you are flying to Chicago (Midway) the taxi will be much more expensive.

You can find examples of interview questions if you search old threads. The interview is a panel of faculty members and you. You have a high enough MCAT/GPA to get accepted without any issues, so I would just be as normal as you can during your interview. After the interview you will get a tour of the campus, meet Scholl students from the 1st and 2nd year class, and have lunch in the university's cafe.

Don't take the city taxi. They charge 1.5x if they drop you off outside of the city. I fell for this, and it cost me 75 bucks.

You could actually contact a taxi company that will pick you up. American Taxi Company I believe has a flat rate from the airport. I think it is somewhere on the lines of 45 dollars. Here is the website. http://www.americantaxi.com/rates.asp You can contact them and arrange a pick up. The 75-80 dollar price is the metered price from O'Hare to the suburbs. You definitely wanna go with this company since they have a flat rate. I myself used this company when I interviewed at Scholl last year. BTW... from Midway to North Chicago using this company is 69 bucks. Another option is to catch the train from the airport. I believe that is like 5 dollars. Don't quote me on that one. Goodluck on your interview!

Don't take the city taxi. They charge 1.5x if they drop you off outside of the city. I fell for this, and it cost me 75 bucks.

Oh, don't get me started on my taxi story to OCPM! From Akron, dude starts driving with no meter and I ask him how much...it was going to be like 100 bucks! Told him to turn around, I was going to rent a car. We went 2.3 miles and he charged me 20 bucks because he 'lost his place' in a 4 car taxi line :confused::mad: NOT a good start to the day.

Oops, just realized this was a Scholl thread...right. Whatever they said.

When I was interested in dental school, I heard a lot of schools had shuttles to bring you to the interview... No schools offer this?

Never mind, I just googled it and I think I was dreaming or something...

At DMU, it wasn't the school that had the shuttles, but some of the hotels had an arrangement to give lower rates and a free shuttle to campus. I'm sure the same situation exists at other schools, you might ask admissions for the details.

How did your interview go? did they offered u a spot... r u taking it? Good luck.

Scholl drills you on mcat scores if it is low