Interview at UMich?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PHGuy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post..
I just got an e-mail inviting me to Michigan's Onsite visit day, where I'll have my interview.. I'm applying to their Health management and Policy program.. anyone have any tips.. to prepare for the interview?
Did anyone else get the e-mail?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi PHGuy--

Yes, I also was invited to the onsite visit day and have applied to the HMP program. I was pretty surprised by the "mandatory" nature of the visit as described in the e-mail. Apparently all students are invited and "required" to attend but attendance does not guarantee admission. Since I live on the east coast I had definitely not budgeted in any visists to schools prior to receiving acceptances so I contacted them to set up a phone interview. It turns out that there are several UMich HMP alumni in my city so I was able to set up an in-person interview with someone for this weekend, which I'm pretty pleased about! My intereview sounds pretty informal (just a meeting in a coffee shop) but perhaps it is more formal on campus.

Good luck and enjoy the visit! The event sounds pretty exciting and meeting faculty members will also help with both your (and their) decision on whether the program is a good "match"!