Interview Attire (Ladies, lets talk hair!)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureusaeyedoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, this may sound silly, but I can't seem to get a consensus on the issue from anyone I ask in real life. For an interview, does it matter how you do your hair? Obviously, it needs to be groomed, but has anyone ever given you advice on if it needs to be up, or can you keep it down? That's right, I am getting down to the nitty, gritty, all-important details of the interview process. ;)

No, in all seriousness, this is something I am concerned about. I don't know if keeping it down is considered less professional than putting it up!

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should go with whatever style makes you feel most confident. If you feel like others think you're less professional when its down, then put it up. Normally I'd say who cares what other people think, but interviews are stressful enough. There is no reason to add to it by feeling you made a bad hair choice.

As a side note, have you considered a compromise and maybe wear it half up?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you should go with whatever style makes you feel most confident. If you feel like others think you're less professional when its down, then put it up. Normally I'd say who cares what other people think, but interviews are stressful enough. There is no reason to add to it by feeling you made a bad hair choice.

As a side note, have you considered a compromise and maybe wear it half up?

I think the half up option is good!

Thanks, just wanted to check if anyone had heard any hard advice against a certain way of wearing it. Comfort and confidence seem key.:)

i had my hair up half up and down and it was fine. i saw some girls with completely down, and they were fine too.

I like half-up, too! Just neat and proper is good I think, straighten and hairspray if your hair tends to get out of control!

Whatever you do just don't let the stress get to you...

celebrity-bad-hair---Britney-Spears.jpg

Don't do that^^^

Reactions: 1 users