Interview Attire -- Three Piece Suit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm in scrubs in the hospital (most of the time).
When I am in clinic I show my patients the respect they deserve by dressing to honor our professional relationship.

A very respectable sentiment!

I was kidding about the time you spend helping advise on attire.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I would not wear a vest. Its not quite standard fashion these days and you'll come off looking like a bit of a dandy.

As a member of the dandy community, I do not appreciate this. You will be hearing from my twitter followers.

Actually, it has been suggested in jest that applicants should be required to change into scrubs prior to interview in order to remove any tension, impact, cost, etc of interview clothing. Perhaps even gowned and mask to remove any "bias of impression"

I actually think the mask idea would be interesting.

As a member of the dandy community, I do not appreciate this. You will be hearing from my twitter followers.

I actually think the mask idea would be interesting.

A phone interview would do, no?

And the time/money we would save flying only to our favorite school(s) we got acceptances from!

Members don't see this ad :)
A phone interview would do, no?

And the time/money we would save flying only to our favorite school(s) we got acceptances from!
With phone interviews, we'd miss out on all the creepy behavioral cues that tells us that someone is not a good fit for us: putting elbows on our desk, staring contests (obviously was told to "make eye contact"), cleaning fingernails during interview, stern/angry facial expression throughout the interview, etc.

Reactions: 4 users
Inb4 thread on "suit-blind" admissions.

I love wearing my suit. Texas interviews should be conducted with only swimsuits on though. In a pool. Indoors. With air conditioning.

Reactions: 1 users
Add to that flat affects, failing to make eye contact, not paying attention to other interviewees, deer in the headlight looks.....

Wait a minute colleague...you had someone cleaning fingernails in the interview????

With phone interviews, we'd miss out on all the creepy behavioral cues that tells us that someone is not a good fit for us: putting elbows on our desk, staring contests (obviously was told to "make eye contact"), cleaning fingernails during interview, stern/angry facial expression throughout the interview, etc.

Do you think a jacket and tie is a must? How about dress pants and dress shirt with a dress sweater? Would something like this be okay?:
carrig_bl001.jpeg
3000% required.

The staring contest thing has me interested. So should I look away periodically? Or are you talking about like a moment of silence of them just staring at you, say like after you ask them a question and they are staring at you while thinking?

Add to that flat affects, failing to make eye contact, not paying attention to other interviewees, deer in the headlight looks.....

Wait a minute colleague...you had someone cleaning fingernails in the interview????

What are "flat affects?"

The staring contest thing has me interested. So should I look away periodically? Or are you talking about like a moment of silence of them just staring at you, say like after you ask them a question and they are staring at you while thinking?

What are "flat affects?"

Flat affect = monotone

Flat affect = monotone

Ah. But then I also assume overly inflecting some words is also considered a negative thing.

It's law of the means with you guys, I guess.

Google is your friend.

If you have a chance, take an Abnormal Psychology class.

Flat affect: A severe reduction in emotional expressiveness. People withdepression and schizophrenia often show flat affect. A person with schizophrenia may not show the signs of normal emotion, perhaps may speak in a monotonous voice, have diminished facial expressions, and appear extremely apathetic. Also known as blunted affect.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=26293

What are "flat affects?"

@Goro in the MMI prompt where a friend/relative has died I will be sure to fall to my knees and theatrically cry out to the ceiling after I walk in. Then proceed to systematically approach the problem.

You're supposed to rend your garments, then wail and gnash teeth.

@Goro in the MMI prompt where a friend/relative has died I will be sure to fall to my knees and theatrically cry out to the ceiling after I walk in. Then proceed to systematically approach the problem.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You're supposed to rend your garments, then wail and gnash teeth.

Damn! I'm obviously still too immature to pursue medicine. Escaping compulsory secondary education when still younger than 18 is not the answer, people.

How do you naturally engage in a conversation? Do you stare at the person when they are talking to you without blinking? Do you lock eyes and stare at them when you speak to them? If that is how you naturally communicate, by all means do that during the interview. It will be very helpful to the adcom.

How do you naturally engage in a conversation? Do you stare at the person when they are talking to you without blinking? Do you lock eyes and stare at them when you speak to them? If that is how you naturally communicate, by all means do that during the interview. It will be very helpful to the adcom.

It depends. I might not look at them at all or very little if I'm busy with something, and I'll just listen and respond. But if it's just me and them, sure I'm looking at them. If I have to think hard on something I might look away, because looking in someone's eyes is slightly distracting. But I'm not usually in a position where I'm sitting in front of someone at a desk conversing. Closest thing would be talking with my PI, but I'm usually standing and he may not even be looking at me at all depending on if he's thinking/doing something else. Therefore, the situation to begin with isn't a very natural one, at least for me.

With that said, I'd realistically probably have my eyes angled slightly downward for a part of the conversation when I am thinking about responses or processing what the adcom is saying. Sometimes I need to do this because as I said the eye-to-eye thing can be distracting, sometimes.

It depends. I might not look at them at all or very little if I'm busy with something, and I'll just listen and respond. But if it's just me and them, sure I'm looking at them. If I have to think hard on something I might look away, because looking in someone's eyes is slightly distracting. But I'm not usually in a position where I'm sitting in front of someone at a desk conversing. Closest thing would be talking with my PI, but I'm usually standing and he may not even be looking at me at all depending on if he's thinking/doing something else. Therefore, the situation to begin with isn't a very natural one, at least for me.

With that said, I'd realistically probably have my eyes angled slightly downward for a part of the conversation when I am thinking about responses or processing what the adcom is saying. Sometimes I need to do this because as I said the eye-to-eye thing can be distracting, sometimes.

You might want to practice having some one on one conversations with friends and fellow students on topics of importance (public policy, current events, important issues trending on social media) to become comfortable speaking one-on-one with someone who giving you their undivided attention.

Ok, I know I'm coming late into the conversation, and I know this is a bit of a touchy subject, but I feel the need to ask this: what about trans-gender applicants?

I'm during the transition periods right now where I am experimenting. But I get so put off by people who say "just wear a jacket, shirt and tie." It's oppressive, it's not me, and I don't like it. But I hear a lot of people (esp. in adcom) telling me to wear conservatively so I'm also scared.

Is there LITERALLY anything else I can wear other than the outdated and completely patriarchal "jacket, shirt, and tie" and still be considered acceptable by adcom? What about dressing up as a trans-gender applicant? where do you draw the line

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok, I know I'm coming late into the conversation, and I know this is a bit of a touchy subject, but I feel the need to ask this: what about trans-gender applicants?

I'm during the transition periods right now where I am experimenting. But I get so put off by people who say "just wear a jacket, shirt and tie." It's ****in oppressive, and I don't like it. But I hear a lot of people (esp. in adcom) telling me to wear conservatively so I'm also scared.

Is there LITERALLY anything else I can wear other than the outdated and completely patriarchal "jacket, shirt, and tie" and still be considered acceptable by adcom? What about dressing up as a trans-gender applicant? where do you draw the line

This has nothing to do with sexual orientation, really. They want us to wear a uniform (which most of us don't want to have to wear, just like you), and so we wear it.

This has nothing to do with sexual orientation, really. They want us to wear a uniform (which most of us don't want to have to wear, just like you), and so we wear it.

Doesn't your point break down by itself? I mean you're saying that I should ignore my identity as a transgendered applicant, wear a suit that I consider completely oppressive towards the LGBT community, bite my tongue, and "just wear it." And THAT, of course, has nothing to do with my sexual identity?

I mean, I like the idea of the "benefit of doubt" that I think most adcoms will do if you dress up non-traditionally. Because really, what I dress literally shows nothing about my capabilities as a physician. But if the truth is that if I wear anything that shows I intentionally deviate from the "traditional attire" then I think that's a really sad aspect of the med school application.

What did you have in mind?

What were you planning to wear?

Very good question. I am actually all up in the air right now. My parents are strictly enforcing conservative attire (and with good cause, I believe). I am just looking for other options and testing the limit (if there exists one.)

What about nice cardigans? What about just vests without the jacket? What if I wore a light-pink shirt, jacket, no tie?

Regards to dressing as a transgender person. I mean I am experimenting right now, I'm entire sure about it either. But what if, I'm asking. Is it an option?

Very good question. I am actually all up in the air right now. My parents are strictly enforcing conservative attire (and with good cause, I believe). I am just looking for other options and testing the limit (if there exists one.)

What about nice cardigans? What about just vests without the jacket? What if I wore a light-pink shirt, jacket, no tie?

These are not good choices for any gender.
A suit without a tie is expected for a woman, unacceptable for a man.

Ok thanks. So you're saying. If I do choose to dress as a woman, a suit is acceptable without a tie. And no skirts, I presume.

Ok thanks. So you're saying. If I do choose to dress as a woman, a suit is acceptable without a tie. And no dresses, I presume.

A dark sheath dress with a jacket in a matching fabric is fine, especially in a formal fabric.
Skirt suits are also fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
@mister_archie, are you out in your application? If you are, I would hope that schools offering you an interview are also aware of and value the experience that you bring to the table. Hopefully they also have reasonable and compassionate interviewers who would understand that you may not fit within binary attire expectations, assuming you dress professionally.

Edit: I realize this is a difficult proposition and that you may not be out in your application for strategic reasons. The most accepting and open-minded medical schools also seem to be the most selective.

@StudyLater, I don't want to derail the thread, but this is a good teachable moment.

Sexual orientation and gender identity (/sexual identity) are not the same thing. One can be trans and gay, trans and straight, trans and asexual etc. While sexual preference per se may be inappropriate to bring to an interview, gender identity is about the social categories that we ascribe to when moving through the world (non-sexually and sexually).
You cannot check your gender identity at the door of the interviewer's office.
The cute little image below is taken from a presentation at UCSF by physician-scientists from Stanford Medical School.

Hmm, the question I hear @mister_archie asking is: since there are not just 2 gendered categories of people, is it ever possible that there more than 2 acceptable categories of dress? What about those who don't identify as man or as woman?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-29 at 5.17.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-29 at 5.17.15 PM.png
    161.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
As a disclaimer, I don't care about how you dress or your sexual orientation. I also don't care about their rules, and I don't particularly support those rules. I simply will adhere to them.

Doesn't your point break down by itself? I mean you're saying that I should ignore my identity as a transgendered applicant, wear a suit that I consider completely oppressive towards the LGBT community, bite my tongue, and "just wear it." And THAT, of course, has nothing to do with my sexual identity?

Wasn't really making a point. I'm just saying how they want it, generally speaking. The mantra goes "don't stand out" (at least in the way of your attire). Plenty of people think suits are oppressive/ridiculous outfits for completely different reasons other than sexual orientation. But I wasn't really saying it in that way. I mean it's not an issue of sexual orientation because considering sexual orientation or even identity here is a complete non-sequitur. It has nothing to do with adhering to the rule - which is the only thing to be considered. What's being "said" by the uniform or what's being "oppressed" is irrelevant. We just aren't the deciders here; it's not really the time or place to rock the boat, if we want to give ourselves the best chances of success. With that said, if you're willing to risk a possibly negative reaction, then of course you're an adult with the freedom to dress as you see fit on any occasion.

Because really, what I dress literally shows nothing about my capabilities as a physician.

I think this is obvious enough to everyone, including the adcoms. But your lack of adherence to what are considered proper practices may cause a negative reaction in those who are judging you. Again, not the time nor the place when you're trying to win the favor of others. If you're on the street, f*ck it: Wear what you want. I'm just saying, however ridiculous it might seem, culturally, we gotta do what we gotta do. If it was a rule of theirs for guys to wear dress skirts and girls to wear suits, we'd adhere to that. Again, this has nothing to do with our identity. It is their rules for attire that are the only rules to be considered.

But if the truth is that if I wear anything that shows I intentionally deviate from the "traditional attire" then I think that's a really sad aspect of the med school application.

Strong morals. Nice. I'm just saying be selective with where you want to fight the system. You can have a much greater impact elsewhere with comparatively much less risk. There is no reason for you to put a future career on the line to show adcoms the error in their ways and instigate interview attire reform. I think some of them may even agree with you, but nevertheless I don't believe they intend to change their practices very drastically.

Mind you this is all assuming that whatever you "dress as," you're dressing according to the commonly accepted attire for whatever gender it is. This is also assuming that (at least) most adcoms would be accepting of dressing as the other gender, which I am really not sure about. @gyngyn seems to be cool with it, but I don't know how medical colleges on the whole look at that. Again, if I were you, I wouldn't try to throw a revolution. But if you feel that strongly about it, do what you please and consider the potential consequences carefully.

Ok thanks. So you're saying. If I do choose to dress as a woman, a suit is acceptable without a tie. And no skirts, I presume.
Someone here once said that if your attire is going to make you so uncomfortable that your interview skills will be impacted because of it, then by all means wear what you need to in order to interview well. I think this applies here. Be professional and be true to yourself and you will interview your best. My 2 cents.

@StudyLater, I don't want to derail the thread, but this is a good teachable moment.

Sexual orientation and gender identity (/sexual identity) are not the same thing. One can be trans and gay, trans and straight, trans and asexual etc. While sexual preference per se may be inappropriate to bring to an interview, gender identity is about the social categories that we ascribe to when moving through the world (non-sexually and sexually).

Fair enough. I suppose I was assuming gender identity and sexual orientation are more or less similar in most people. But sure.

You cannot check your gender identity at the door of the interviewer's office.

This is not true for me, personally. But perhaps it differs from person to person.

@mister_archie, are you out in your application? If you are, I would hope that schools offering you an interview are also aware of and value the experience that you bring to the table. Hopefully they also have reasonable and compassionate interviewers who would understand that you may not fit within binary attire expectations, assuming you dress professionally.
I haven't decided that yet, but I'm leaning towards yes. I think most med schools by now recognize the complexity of these issues and are pretty open minded. And also if a medical school is so closed minded that they only accept straight or closeted individuals, I don't think that would be a very welcoming environment to get my M.D. in.

Strong morals. Nice. I'm just saying be selective with where you want to fight the system. You can have a much greater impact elsewhere with comparatively much less risk. There is no reason for you to put a future career on the line to show adcoms the error in their ways and instigate interview attire reform. I think some of them may even agree with you, but nevertheless I don't believe they intend to change their practices very drastically.
Okay, if that's your reason why a transgender person should wear a suit and tie to an interview, that's just a pretty depressing outlook on life. What I'm getting is: if my future career is on the line, I should sacrifice my sexual identity. When I am heading into an interview, I am going to be a confident and professional me. And there is no way I could have that kind of mindset running through my head.

Also, I'm not trying to show adcoms the errors in their ways and change up the entire system. I think the core of the attire system is to dress professionally, something suitable for an application to be a physician, and I want to be that. I want to be professional. All I am asking is, here you got a system that says: if you look like a man, wear this. If you look like a woman, wear that. Well, what if I look like a man but I don't consider myself a man? What should I wear? Is there a way I can still dress to be me and still be professional?

Someone here once said that if your attire is going to make you so uncomfortable that your interview skills will be impacted because of it, then by all means wear what you need to in order to interview well. I think this applies here. Be professional and be true to yourself and you will interview your best. My 2 cents.
Yea, completely agree. I think at the end of the day it's this that counts. I also like @gyngyn's suggestion of skirt suits, I'll probably start looking into that.

Last edited:
Okay, if that's your final 2 cents on why a transgender person should wear a suit and tie to an interview, that's just a pretty depressing outlook on life. Takes me way back to the closeted years. If I'm heading into an interview, I am going to be a confident and professional me. And there is no way I could have that kind of mindset running through my head.

Different strokes, I guess. What might be sad and depressing for you is status quo for me. What might be a travesty to you is just annoying to me.

Also, I'm not trying to show adcoms the errors in their ways and change up the entire system.
I think the core of the attire system is to dress professionally, something suitable for an application to be a physician, and I want to be that. I want to be professional. All I am asking is, here you got a system that says: if you look like a man, wear this. If you look like a woman, wear that. Well, what if I look like a man but I don't consider myself a man? What should I wear? Is there a way I can still dress to be me and still be professional?

Yeah I'm just saying I don't know how they view this thing. I don't have a survey from all the adcoms answering the question, "Would you approve of a person with a transgender identity attending an interview with professional attire usually worn by the opposite sex?" So I can't say for sure. I tend to just go with what others know. Again, it's tried-and-true vs. a shot in the dark (and idk it may be that there's bullseyes all around you). I'm just saying you don't need to risk it. But if you decide to despite not needing to, then that's that.

Different strokes, I guess. What might be sad and depressing for you is status quo for me. What might be a travesty to you is just annoying to me.
Yeah, I understand. Most of the med schools I'm applying to goes all over about diversity and all that. But I think (hope?) that extends to sexual identity and the experiences with it too.

Yeah I'm just saying I don't know how they view this thing. I don't have a survey from all the adcoms answering the question, "Would you approve of a person with a transgender identity attending an interview with professional attire usually worn by the opposite sex?" So I can't say for sure. I tend to just go with what others know. Again, it's tried-and-true vs. a shot in the dark (and idk it may be that there's bullseyes all around you). I'm just saying you don't need to risk it. But if you decide to despite not needing to, then that's tha
Yeah, I get what you're saying. My parents are basically saying the same thing. This is probably something I gotta gnaw out more myself, ask for more opinions, and maybe even emailing each med school's adcom themselves to talk it out.

Yeah, I understand. Most of the med schools I'm applying to goes all over about diversity and all that. But I think (hope?) that extends to sexual identity and the experiences with it too.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. My parents are basically saying the same thing. This is probably something I gotta gnaw out more myself, ask for more opinions, and maybe even emailing each med school's adcom themselves to talk it out.

I think that's a good plan.

Yeah, and I've been actually thinking. Right now, I'm just one person right, and it's probably unlikely that they're going to make special changes just for me. I might even come off as obnoxious if I just show up in a dress just to say, aha, you're wrong.

But I think there is a worthwhile question to be asked here. And I think it deserves to be discussed among adcom procedures.

Because I think the "Rules are rules, and stay with the status quo" argument has always been there. For example, for the longest time, transgender men were forced to use male washrooms, and transgender women female washrooms. Maybe now we recognize that was a cruel thing to do, but it was because the buildings and institutions were all built with this strictly male/female mindset, and people didn't know where to put transgender people. So of course, they tried to force transgender people into the binary system like every one else.

But nowadays I am seeing the new buildings have more and more unisex washrooms. And I am really happy. And I think at this point, all I can hope, or we can hope, is that maybe in a couple years, this discussion would have gained enough traction that adcoms can find a suitable dress code that's more accommodating while keeping the tradition that of course, this is a prestigious and serious business.

Yeah, and I've been actually thinking. Right now, I'm just one person right, and it's probably unlikely that they're going to make special changes just for me. I might even come off as obnoxious if I just show up in a dress just to say, aha, you're wrong.

But I think there is a worthwhile question to be asked here. And I think it deserves to be discussed among adcom procedures.

Because I think the "Rules are rules, and stay with the status quo" argument has always been there. For example, for the longest time, transgender men were forced to use male washrooms, and transgender women female washrooms. Maybe now we recognize that was a cruel thing to do, but it was because the buildings and institutions were all built with this strictly male/female mindset, and people didn't know where to put transgender people. So of course, they tried to force transgender people into the binary system like every one else.

But nowadays I am seeing the new buildings have more and more unisex washrooms. And I am really happy. And I think at this point, all I can hope, or we can hope, is that maybe in a couple years, this discussion would have gained enough traction that adcoms can find a suitable dress code that's more accommodating while keeping the tradition that of course, this is a prestigious and serious business.
How would you dress, @mister_archie, if you were visiting your Senator's office on Capitol Hill to ask support for a bill? How would you dress if you were invited to a diplomatic luncheon at the UN focusing on human rights? How would you dress if you were admitted to medical school and asked to represent the school at a luncheon with VIPs and medical school donors?

IMHO it is best to be "out" in your medical school application and to dress as you intend to dress when you are in medical school or in medical practice and required to wear daytime business attire.

BTW, have you seen this? https://www.aamc.org/members/gsa/54702/gsa_glbt.html

Your gender identity doesn't fit the traditional rules, so I can see how the traditional rules of dressing would feel very wrong, dishonest even.

What I'm suggesting is that you determine the gender identity you want to present -- male, female, or something in between -- and either adopt or adapt the traditional rules of dress to fit that presentation. For an 'in between' look, I'd suggest a pants suit fitted in a more feminine style (still a dark solid color), perhaps nipped in at the waist, with an open-collared pastel silk blouse and small tasteful earrings. (Think something Ellen DeGeneres might wear.)

This is, of course, assuming that your gender identity is something you're completely comfortable discussing. If you're not comfortable discussing it, then I'd suggest either that you work through those issues first and delay your application, or present in the gender you appear to be so uncomfortable questions are less likely to be asked.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm in scrubs in the hospital (most of the time).

This is what Dr. Gyngyn looks like in the hospital (one of the many liberties afforded by tenure). :p

2b9b3caf23bedabc8e19eb72b361090e.jpg

When I am in clinic I show my patients the respect they deserve by dressing to honor our professional relationship.

By this, he means that he throws his shirt on.

But nowadays I am seeing the new buildings have more and more unisex washrooms.

I must live in a backward state. I've literally never seen a public unisex washroom (bathroom?) in my life.

Would be cool, though.

I'm during the transition periods right now where I am experimenting. But I get so put off by people who say "just wear a jacket, shirt and tie." It's oppressive, it's not me, and I don't like it. But I hear a lot of people (esp. in adcom) telling me to wear conservatively so I'm also scared.

lmao "oppressive" "not me"
no one cares dude. just wear a suit for a few days in your life like everyone else that's applying to medical school
you're applying to medical school, not making a statement about fashion or patriarchy or transgendered identity jesus christ
being a doctor is not about you. it's about taking care of the patient. if you can't even follow basic social norms, why should anyone accept you? but sure, go ahead and wear your light-pink shirt with no tie and a cardigan

Reactions: 2 users
no one cares dude
wear a suit for a few days in your life
you're applying to medical school, not making a statement about fashion or patriarchy or transgendered identity jesus christ

Caution: Contents are highly flammable.

*ducks for cover*

How would you dress, @mister_archie, if you were visiting your Senator's office on Capitol Hill to ask support for a bill? How would you dress if you were invited to a diplomatic luncheon at the UN focusing on human rights? How would you dress if you were admitted to medical school and asked to represent the school at a luncheon with VIPs and medical school donors?

IMHO it is best to be "out" in your medical school application and to dress as you intend to dress when you are in medical school or in medical practice and required to wear daytime business attire.

BTW, have you seen this? https://www.aamc.org/members/gsa/54702/gsa_glbt.html

That has basically been my question this whole time, so thank you, and knowing you're an adcom (if I remember correctly from a couple posts ago), your comment right there actually made me really happy.

Your gender identity doesn't fit the traditional rules, so I can see how the traditional rules of dressing would feel very wrong, dishonest even.

What I'm suggesting is that you determine the gender identity you want to present -- male, female, or something in between -- and either adopt or adapt the traditional rules of dress to fit that presentation. For an 'in between' look, I'd suggest a pants suit fitted in a more feminine style (still a dark solid color), perhaps nipped in at the waist, with an open-collared pastel silk blouse and small tasteful earrings. (Think something Ellen DeGeneres might wear.)

This is, of course, assuming that your gender identity is something you're completely comfortable discussing. If you're not comfortable discussing it, then I'd suggest either that you work through those issues first and delay your application, or present in the gender you appear to be so uncomfortable questions are less likely to be asked.

Okay! Thanks. Yes, that was actually my original concern: if I feel uncomfortable in a suit and tie, should I still wear it? It's all about presenting the best parts of yourself, and yep I think I get the gist. Thanks on the fashion tips by the way. :)

I must live in a backward state. I've literally never seen a public unisex washroom (bathroom?) in my life.

Would be cool, though.

Well sometimes they're these unisex washrooms with individual stalls and a shared sink. But that's more fancy and more forward thinking I think. Most of time I see these individual washrooms that are just open to everyone. So we can the privacy we need without weirding people out. And yeah, it's pretty nice.

no one cares dude
wear a suit for a few days in your life

Sometimes I feel like I'm beating a dead horse.

no one cares dude. just wear a suit for a few days in your life like everyone else that's applying to medical school
being a doctor is not about you. it's about taking care of the patient. if you can't even follow basic social norms, why should anyone accept you? but sure, go ahead and wear your light-pink shirt with no tie and a cardigan
Good luck finding compassion for your patients who don't share your experience of the world.

Sometimes I feel like I'm beating a dead horse.
More like a newborn horse.
Finding answers for questions that have not been asked before is hard and the path will not be clear. We can only give suggestions and hope you find your way.

Reactions: 3 users
Well sometimes they're these unisex washrooms with individual stalls and a shared sink. But that's more fancy and more forward thinking I think. Most of time I see these individual washrooms that are just open to everyone. So we can the privacy we need without weirding people out. And yeah, it's pretty nice.

Oh individual ones? Yeah. Often times places will even let me use the opposite sex one if it's individual.

Publics would be interesting, but I think I would avoid them. It'd be kind of like walking straight into a sexual harassment suit.

Good luck finding compassion for your patients who don't share your experience of the world.

Don't need it pal. I have plenty of compassion for my patients. I have none for people who think they are special flowers that deserve certain privileges for no good reason