interview books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedstudent?

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
any one know of any other places (ie. books) where I can find interview information (such as questions) other then this site?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I did a search on this site and came up with 20-25 titles...which of course I don't have time to read. Anyone recommend one or two good books to prepare for the interview. Thanks

I just read Severed Trust: Why American Medicine Hasn't Been Fixed. It is an interesting read and has really helped me out at interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Understanding Health Policy by Bodenheimer and Grumbach. Explains HMOs, managed care, health care in the U.S. vs. that in Britain and other countries., etc. It's basically a small textbook. Great resource.

Also, if you're looking for books with generic interview questions actually listed, check out some of the "Getting Into Medical School" type books that are out there. I know Princeton Review's Guide to Medical Schools has lots of sample interview questions.

I like The Big Fix: How The Pharmaceutical Industry Rips Off American Consumers, published this year. I'm learning a ton of stuff I didn't know.

I've read Severed Trust last year as well...one of the best books on the state of our healthcare system; that is, problems, etiology, and possible sol'ns to the our health care crisis.