Interview by local news about IPM cuts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clubdeac

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm getting interviewed by the local news about the IPM cuts on Monday. Was going to use the same talking points as the guy in the Fox News interview. Any suggestions on what specifically I should focus on? What's the absolutely most important message I want to send home to the viewer?

Members don't see this ad.

That's cool. I'd think patient access and higher cost to the system

So I'm getting interviewed by the local news about the IPM cuts on Monday. Was going to use the same talking points as the guy in the Fox News interview. Any suggestions on what specifically I should focus on? What's the absolutely most important message I want to send home to the viewer?

I think the only thing that will get any traction is to focus on how it hurts patients. No one cares about our salaries. In fact, most would like to see them drop

Some ideas to consider:

1- these cuts dis-incentivize non-addictive and non-opiate treatments during a prescription drug overdose epidemic.

2-these cuts push care into hospitals where the same treatments cost 5-6 times as much. This is money that could be spent on someone else's healthcare.

3-these cuts could cause doctors to leave the specialty and go back to their primary specialties hurting pain patients and making it harder for them to find care with a board certified, fellowship trained pain doctor

4- some of the procedures are very dangerous if not performed carefully by someone skilled, eg, CESI (needle 1mm from spinal cord). Drastic cuts make it less likely those most skilled will perform the procedure. This could endanger patients.

Focus: "These cuts are drastic and ultimately will hurt senior citizens and the disabled on Medicare."

Members don't see this ad :)
Pacman it was easy and you should certainly do it. I made up some talking points from the ASIPP newsletter and sent it to some friends on the news station making sure to emphasize how it will affect patients and the general public. They of course only used a snippit of everything I said but at least it got some information across. I wish they would've showed more of the patient's response. She really stole the show. She has an SCS and has been through every pain procedure known to man. She was horrified when I told her what was in store.

Pacman it was easy and you should certainly do it. I made up some talking points from the ASIPP newsletter and sent it to some friends on the news station making sure to emphasize how it will affect patients and the general public. They of course only used a snippit of everything I said but at least it got some information across. I wish they would've showed more of the patient's response. She really stole the show. She has an SCS and has been through every pain procedure known to man. She was horrified when I told her what was in store.

Good work!

Nice work. I got an editorial (about 700 words) accepted by the main newspaper in my county. Circulation 90000. I'd post it here but I'd lose the anonymity of my username. Maybe in the private forum. Unfortunately the paper won't run it until the Sunday paper on December 29.