Interview Date Confirmation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saphireflame

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, question: A couple of programs invited me for an interview but still haven't confirmed my interview date (I submitted my preferences within 24 hours of the invite). I must admit some paranoia is setting in--- did they send me the invite by mistake? Did my list of preferences get lost in cyberspace? Should I contact them or continue to wait?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

One of my program took 2 business days to reply.

For one program, I sent in my preferences last Friday. Still no word...

I had one program take 4 business days to respond. I'm sure they get the emails but they are probably swamped so give them some time.

Thanks guys! I'm probably being paranoid, but this wasn't through email- this program used one of those old-school text-only forms you fill out with preferences and you hit "submit" and you don't really get any feedback, it just... disappears.

My rule of thumb is if radio silence for >48 hours, it is reasonable to politely call (and apologize for the bother but you just wanted to make sure everything is set ). The few times I needed to call they had me down for the date they just needed to send out the email. No biggie.

My rule of thumb is if radio silence for >48 hours, it is reasonable to politely call (and apologize for the bother but you just wanted to make sure everything is set ). The few times I needed to call they had me down for the date they just needed to send out the email. No biggie.

Ditto.

You guys were right! I contacted the program- they already had me down for my top choice day but somehow the confirmation email got lost.