Interview Day of the Week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Laakari

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are medical school interviews typically on certain days of the week? I have heard that a lot of schools prefer Wednesday. Wednesday is right now my busiest day of the week next semester, it would be very difficult to miss it (whereas Monday, Tuesday, and especially Friday would be fine). Are medical schools usually flexible about this?

I was a planning on applying to a good number of schools, so I'm kind of concerned about this. I could change my classes, and my spring semester will be almost empty so I could push some till later.

Members don't see this ad.

Interviews can be on any day... it's entirely school-dependent. Some schools will only interview one day a week, and some will have a limited number of days you'll be allowed to schedule. If Wednesday is the only day a school can interview you, you're going to have to miss whatever it is you have scheduled on Wednesdays to interview.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
All schools vary on when they offer interviews. Many of them let you choose the date yourself (usually some online calendar) or they may email you with a selected date (and then you have to email them back to change it which usually isn't a problem).

Most schools only interview on certain days of the week and that will vary by school. However, most schools offer multiple days in a week (weekends are relatively rare), so you should have very few problems scheduling interviews on days that are not Wednesday.

For a variety of reasons, you may end up with a Wednesday date, and you should do your best to comply. Pushing back interviews is not a great idea, especially early ones in the fall. In general, however, I would not get too worried about not being able to interview on Wednesdays.

To paraphrase sinombre from another thread, medical schools are not accommodating during interview season.

You just have to do what you have to do to get to your interview when they want you there. Some schools give you a few days to choose from, but some schools give you a set date that can only be changed in emergencies. Good luck!

Are medical school interviews typically on certain days of the week? I have heard that a lot of schools prefer Wednesday. Wednesday is right now my busiest day of the week next semester, it would be very difficult to miss it (whereas Monday, Tuesday, and especially Friday would be fine). Are medical schools usually flexible about this?

I was a planning on applying to a good number of schools, so I'm kind of concerned about this. I could change my classes, and my spring semester will be almost empty so I could push some till later.

Most of my interviews were scheduled on Tuesdays. I didn't have a say.

Creighton was the best and had Saturday interviews! It was awesome!

Get to medical school interviews ASAP, you are the med school's humble servant when it comes to this, they are definitely in the power position. Miss whatever you have to at your undergrad, remember, med school is your ultimate goal!

Survivor DO

Most of my interviews were scheduled on Tuesdays. I didn't have a say.

Creighton was the best and had Saturday interviews! It was awesome!

Haha yeah, I had a Saturday interview too... I didn't even have to miss work for that one :naughty:

To paraphrase sinombre from another thread, medical schools are not accommodating during interview season.

You just have to do what you have to do to get to your interview when they want you there. Some schools give you a few days to choose from, but some schools give you a set date that can only be changed in emergencies. Good luck!

:thumbup:

Two of the three schools I interviewed at did not let you choose your interview date and they were both on Wednesdays. This is totally anecdotal, but I wanted to point out that there are some schools that won't let you pick or reschedule. Maybe something to think about.