Interview Impressions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrJD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A lot of other specialty sections have interview impression threads. With the interview seasons going on right now, thought it would be helpful for those of us coming up behind to see your thoughts.

Post the school and then your thoughts having interviewed there!

One of the other impressions threads used this format, but feel free to come up with a better one:

Program Name and Location:
Positives and negatives of the interview day and the program?
Positives:
Negatives:
Does the program have a specific focus?
Specific interview questions you were asked?
What did you wish you knew before you went there?

Members don't see this ad.

i would check out the following sites:
www.headmirror.com
www.otomatch.com

there are postings about program impressions in both forums. please take those with a grain of salt, though. when it comes time to apply, consult faculty, residents and your advisors about which programs to apply to. the most meaningful impressions are obviously your own from when you visit these programs yourself.

A lot of other specialty sections have interview impression threads. With the interview seasons going on right now, thought it would be helpful for those of us coming up behind to see your thoughts.

Post the school and then your thoughts having interviewed there!

Well, I know I'm not the moderator here, but I would suggest not doing that in this discussion forum. I think that sort of discussion is better for otomatch.com. I've always thought of sdn as a more cerebral forum to discuss the field of ENT.

Agree with Neutropeniaboy.

There is already a great deal of info at otomatch.com about many programs, and it is probably good to have that information consolidated in one place. I think if the forum here turns into the same topics as otomatch.com, it would detract from the information that aspiring otolaryngologists, early in their medical studies, get from this site.