Interview inquery and flight times

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Robz

La Vie Boheme
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was doing a little searching for cheap flights for my interviews and I can get some pretty good deals that I have found. What happens though is that the flights are within an hour or so of the time that we are suppose to be done with our interview.

An example.

I have an interview for LECOM and the paper that they gave us says it ends at 1pm. Does this time usually run over, under, right on time, or depends on the day? :) There is a great fare to Phoenix where my next interview is but the plane leaves at 2pm. Yeah its pushing it I know. The alternative is a another flight but I would have to rent a car to drive to cleveland to get a later flight that evening, cause 2pm is the latest flight to Phoenix that leaves from Erie.

Playing it safe may be the best way to go but I thought I would ask some people around here that have had interviews already. I searched on this topic but only found a thread about TUCOM and that I shouldn't get a flight before 5:30pm Which was helpful in planning for them. Suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools will work with you if you let them know your situation. Waiting till 1 pm to leave the campus would definitely be pushing it. Depending on the airport, you really need to try to check in an hour prior. Of course, I doubt the airport will be really congested, but with the TSA doing their thing now, you never know how long it will take you to check in and get through security. Most if not all airlines will not hold a flight for someone stuck in line.

Originally posted by Robz
I have an interview for LECOM and the paper that they gave us says it ends at 1pm. Does this time usually run over, under, right on time, or depends on the day? :)

That 1PM time includes lunch with students and faculty. A lot of people left right after the interviews at noon, saying they had flights to catch. I would call and ask when the interviews really end, and make plans accordingly.

- Tae

Originally posted by tkim6599
That 1PM time includes lunch with students and faculty. A lot of people left right after the interviews at noon, saying they had flights to catch. I would call and ask when the interviews really end, and make plans accordingly.

- Tae

Just as a follow up - I called LECOM today. They were very nice and understood the situation that I am in. I managed to get a flight from Knoxville to Erie and from Erie to Phoenix back to Knoxville all for $500 bucks!!!! Thank you expedia.com! That means I don't have to drive 3 hours to Nashville or Atlanta to get a cheap flight. :clap:

LECOM told me that the end of the day is lunch time and a chance to meet students. They also told me they were going to have a possible optional explanation of PBL and LDL afterwards. They said it should be fine to get to my flight as students in the past have had the same issue. (though I would be pressing it) I would though have to possibly miss meeting some students and the optional session. Which I wanted to see and do. :(

I guess the airport is near LECOM and I should be able to make my flight on time if I can manage to turn in my rental car quickly, check in, and get thourgh security! :eek:

Thought I would share cause some people may be in the same boat as me.