Interview Invites probably finished?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10Acious

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wondering if interview invites are probably are all out by now? I guess I should chalk up schools which haven't invites me as rejections at this point, right?
Would it be worth it to send a last ditch update to some schools, assuming I have some worthy updates?

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on the school. Most are done. Some run late. I was an Ohio resident and one of the programs there doesn't start inviting applicants until January. They are predominantly a BS/MD program so they have to wait to figure out exactly how many seats they have. There are probably a few more out there that have some invites to give, but not many.

Reactions: 1 user
Seeing as people are still getting IIs (I mean I did just like 10 days ago), I think sending a last update would be worth it. Especially for DO.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It's not all over but it's dwindling. Now would be the time to pull out all the stops if you have worthwhile updates. And if you haven't had any acceptances at this point, you should be preparing for a reapp just in case.

I'd send out the updates. Probably 95% of interview invites are done, but there's still a chance.

I was holding out hope, but based on some of the responses I've had from places I updated everything is dwindling down. Most new invites will probably from spaces created by people that withdrew pre interview and that's if the school decides to give them out.

I say yes for the last ditch updates and the preparation for possible reapplication if you have no acceptances at this time.

I know someone who got one a couple days ago, but I wouldn't dally around waiting for it. It'll happen if it'll happen. However, it is early enough to think next cycle and be active about it even if you're waiting to hear back at all. That's definitely something I wish I would've locked in on harder when I was reapplying because I still wasn't super timely on the second go around (at least in terms of general take-away advice). Rewriting or improving PS is hard, plus the slog of going through everything again can be draining so to have it on your mind earlier than later is better.

But again anything can happen, I don't want you to be down about it. I received an II in March last year.

I have only gotten one II and it was last week.

All other schools either rejections or silence.
I am preparing though. Applied to a couple masters programs.
I say make a plan B, just in case

A few might dribble in. I got 2 or 3 after February but those schools made it clear that I wasn't at the top of their list. Whateva

I just got an II last Friday! Also have no acceptances at this point but def not worried about reapplying... I guess my cycle has just been running later than almost everyone else's!

Reactions: 2 users
I got an ii on Friday for what it's worth