Interview Invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bmkm1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello

I graduated from an Ivy League, with GPA3.94. My MCAT score is 523. I have applied to about 20 schools. My applications were complete by the end of July. I am currently doing research at a med school.

So far, I have got interviews only from 2 schools. I am getting worried :(.

From other posts and forums, I gather that most schools have sent out the invites by this time (late September)

- Any hints on why I haven't heard from most of the schools?
- What are "2nd wave" interview invites based on?
- Is there anything I might do to help my case at this point?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi bmkm1,

I would not stress if I were you. One thing to remember is that many medical schools receive thousands of applications. It takes time for them to go through all of them. Just because you did not receive interviews from more schools does not mean you won't be hearing back. There is a good chance that schools haven't even reviewed your secondaries yet. Many students get interviews into March and end up being accepted to even the most prestigious medical schools. Just continue doing whatever it is you are doing and be patient.

Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

IIs are not sent out in chronological order of receipt of apps.

Hello

I graduated from an Ivy League, with GPA3.94. My MCAT score is 523. I have applied to about 20 schools. My applications were complete by the end of July. I am currently doing research at a med school.

So far, I have got interviews only from 2 schools. I am getting worried :(.

From other posts and forums, I gather that most schools have sent out the invites by this time (late September)

- Any hints on why I haven't heard from most of the schools?
- What are "2nd wave" interview invites based on?
- Is there anything I might do to help my case at this point?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
You've gotten 2 interviews, which many people would kill for. You're fine

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you all for your replies and answers!
Sounds like there is still time, in general. I will keep my fingers crossed ! :)