Interview invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Future EM?

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's list programs who are giving out invites here.

Members don't see this ad.

So far Ive been invited by
1)UNC
2)Duke
3)UVA
4)Harvard

Members don't see this ad :)
York
Morristown, NJ
Long Island Jewish Medical
SUNY Syracuse
SUNY Stony Brook
Yale

No more invites?

Here's a list of some from another website:
Allegheny General Hospital
Beth israel-deaconess
Hennepin
King-Drew (Compton (LA), CA)
Morristown, NJ
Mount Sinai
Ohio State
Regions Hospital (in MN)
Saginaw
St.Luke's in PA
SUMMA/Akron City
SUNY Upstate - Syracuse, NY
UAB (Alabama-Birmingham)
University of Maryland
University of Virginia-Charlottesville
Vanderbilt
Wright State
York Hospital/Penn State

Ohio: Metrohealth, St. Vincent's, Ohio State, Wright State, Akron Gen, Akron City

Other: New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Orlando, U of Maryland, and (they called about a transcript and seemed optimistic) possibly U of Mass soon.

And just got one from U of Michigan (10/23).

mike

1. Akron City
2. York PA
3. U of Michigan
All via email

Feeling good about all the other programs folks have been hearing from, I just got my last LOR, transcript, and Step 2 scores uploaded last week.
I wouldn't worry yet if you have applied to some of the programs listed by others and haven't heard yet because you don't know what sort of ways they define a complete application and they do have a lot of apps in their piles.

also
4. Wash St. L
via email today

... and Vandy by email today.

mike

I applied on sept 3rd or so....the monday after reg. opened. My packet was complete 3 weeks ago except the deans letter. I have so far been offered 14 interviews.

detroit rec
sinai grace detroit
st. johns detroit
William Beaumont
grand rapids
saginaw
U of Michigan
Wright State U
Hennepin county Minnesota
Med coll Wisconsin
U Mass
U Conn
Albany Med
Texas Tech

Also, Indianapolis sent an email stating that they don't invite until Deans letters are in.

Originally posted by Path
I applied on sept 3rd or so....the monday after reg. opened. My packet was complete 3 weeks ago except the deans letter. I have so far been offered 14 interviews.

Hennepin county Minnesota

Any questions/comments i'd like to talk. AOL IM ACau

Hennepin has not sent me an interview invite, although I have a similar # of interviews so far. Another girl at my school got an interview there. I guess I'm not good enough for them. On the other hand, I was told Vanderbilt and Orlando were really good programs... I got interviews at those. Who knows?

What state are you in?

mike

In regards to Orlando, I have one bit of information to pass along. I am good friends with a recent EM residency grad (Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philly), who is working at a trauma center in FL. One of his co-workers is a recent grad of Orlando's EM residency. The AEMC grad says the Orlando grad is horribly unprepared and believes he is a liability to the practice... although he did have the disclaimer that it could be solely the grad responsible... but it might be a reflection on the residency.

HI Mike....

Im way down here in Texas...sigh. I wouldn't sweat the Hennepin thing. I didn't apply to Vandy but I know that it is a great program and I you have an interview there, you are doing pretty well. Think of it this way...you'll get to save money.

What state are you in?

Originally posted by ResidentEvil
In regards to Orlando, I have one bit of information to pass along. I am good friends with a recent EM residency grad (Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philly), who is working at a trauma center in FL. One of his co-workers is a recent grad of Orlando's EM residency. The AEMC grad says the Orlando grad is horribly unprepared and believes he is a liability to the practice... although he did have the disclaimer that it could be solely the grad responsible... but it might be a reflection on the residency.

I don't know. From what I've heard, Orlando is *considered* a really good program. I don't know what the actual quality of the residency is. I would suspect that if a grad is totally terrible, it's a lot more his/her fault than the residency itself.

mike

Originally posted by Path
HI Mike....

Im way down here in Texas...sigh. I wouldn't sweat the Hennepin thing. I didn't apply to Vandy but I know that it is a great program and I you have an interview there, you are doing pretty well. Think of it this way...you'll get to save money.

What state are you in?

I'm in Ohio. I didn't get a rejection from MN, I just haven't heard anything. Will see what happens. I applied to UT-Southwestern also. What do you think of that program. I've heard from (just a few people) who say it's an absolute zoo (in a fun way!).

mike

I really don't know too much about the Texas programs because I don't want to stay here. I do know that Parkland is a very busy place. The medical school is known for being the most competitive in the state, so I would assume the residency isn't easy to attain either.

Umass
Rochester
U Mich
Wash U
King Drew
Lincoln (Brooklyn)
Kansas City-Missouri
Mt. Sinai
Emory

Anyone know when should the majority of interview offers come? The ones I really wanted haven't come yet. Is it time to worry? THanks.

Mr. Bon Jovi,
I think most places wait for the Dean's Letter. (Indy sent an email stating this and I know Univ of Cinci waits.) So the bulk of offers come out in early to mid November.
:cool: