About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interview offer.

Discussion in 'Hospice and Palliative Medicine' started by moonface, Jul 14, 2011.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. moonface

moonface Junior Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Since there is no match for palliative fellowships yet, How long after the interview have most of the fellows been offered a position. I only interviewed at one program and am very nervous.....:(
  2. brimcmike

brimcmike brimcmike

Attending Physician
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    In my experience offers come somewhere between the next day, weeks afterwards, and up to a month after the interview. Programs are all over the map with respect to their interview and offer timing and practices.

Initiating communication with a program, where you interviewed, about their decision is completely appropriate.

University of Minnesota and San Diego Hospice are interviewing over the summer. I understand as late as August for U of MN.

Good Luck!
  3. moonface

moonface Junior Member

Thank you. I guess then I can hope to hear back ......atleast for another 2-3 more weeks...