Interview question about shadowing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tounchie

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
for past applicants who have had interviews, when they asked you questions about shadowing, how mc detail did they go into? were there techniques? what i learned? rtc etc thx in advance

Members don't see this ad.

for past applicants who have had interviews, when they asked you questions about shadowing, how mc detail did they go into? were there techniques? what i learned? rtc etc thx in advance

The purpose isn't to intimately know how to do procedures, so they shouldn't expect it. Maybe some jerkoff interviewer might be difficult if you put some ridiculous amount of hours. All I ever heard were things like, "what kind of procedures did you see" or "what's your favorite procedure" and "what's your favorite instrument". That was a Temple icebreaker for one guy in the group who answered with, "the hand tool."

The purpose isn't to intimately know how to do procedures, so they shouldn't expect it. Maybe some jerkoff interviewer might be difficult if you put some ridiculous amount of hours. All I ever heard were things like, "what kind of procedures did you see" or "what's your favorite procedure" and "what's your favorite instrument". That was a Temple icebreaker for one guy in the group who answered with, "the hand tool."

"the hand tool". Couldn't have answered better! lol

hmmm i see and bu ridiculous amojnt of hours, do you mean like 500+ hours?

Members don't see this ad :)
"the hand tool". Couldn't have answered better! lol

hmmm i see and bu ridiculous amojnt of hours, do you mean like 500+ hours?

I guess he meant handpiece. But he was told to never call it a tool again. He also walked in 15 minutes late and blamed parking. I don't know why he even stayed the full day. My favorite interview story...besides my own crash & burns.

Anyway. When you hear someone say they have 500-1000+, you wonder if they really shadowed that much or just what they were up to for that long. If it was truly just observing, that's a whole lot of standing around. If it was fabricated, that will probably manifest itself. If I were interviewing, I'd inquire.

I guess he meant handpiece. But he was told to never call it a tool again. He also walked in 15 minutes late and blamed parking. I don't know why he even stayed the full day. My favorite interview story...besides my own crash & burns.

Anyway. When you hear someone say they have 500-1000+, you wonder if they really shadowed that much or just what they were up to for that long. If it was truly just observing, that's a whole lot of standing around. If it was fabricated, that will probably manifest itself. If I were interviewing, I'd inquire.

I feel like this is an important topic and discussions on this would benefit everyone greatly as interview season is coming up shortly.

I had around 100 hours when I applied. I had 5 interviews, and it didn't come up once that I recall.