Interview Question- did I blow it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crossfit4lyfe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just had an interview. I overcame something pretty difficult a few years ago, and based my personal statement off of it, because it was life changing. I also have lots of ECs and research, shadowing, volunteering. I knew my past problem would be talked about, but the last interview I had (a group interview) it is all they talked about pretty much. I got asked about it in 3 different ways, by each member of the committee. Other students got asked about their ECs and why physician, why osteopathic, etc. I was a little bummed I never got the chance to present much else, and since it was a group interview I didn't have much chance to speak up about other stuff because time was limited. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Only time will tell how your LECOM interview went...

Members don't see this ad :)
With interviews it's really hard to tell how it went sometimes. As long as you were able to answer questions honestly and convey your thoughts (without babbling, or worse, insulting the school/interviewers) you should be fine. Maybe they didn't need to ask about EC's and why medicine because they thought your app was already solid in those departments :)

Reactions: 2 users
After getting accepted into LECOM when I truly felt I absolutely bombed my interview, I've learned to just sit back and wait for those letters to come in the mail. Because no one knows what the hell they look for in medical school admissions now-a-days.

Reactions: 2 users
After getting accepted into LECOM when I truly felt I absolutely bombed my interview, I've learned to just sit back and wait for those letters to come in the mail. Because no one knows what the hell they look for in medical school admissions now-a-days.
Even the adcoms don't know...

Reactions: 1 user