Interview Question Etiquette

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teauxmo13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it going to far to ask the interviewer(s) "What do you think of my chances of being accepted into this program"? I know everyone wants to, but is it something that they would be turned off by, or would they even answer it honestly?

Members don't see this ad.

Not something you should ask...in my personal opinion.

u serious bro? that's like the one question you're not supposed to ask...the interviewer would get in deep **** if he/she gave you a straight answer...at the end of this hell of a process, ADEA will send you an email asking if any schools broke the rule of not telling students that they got in or not before Dec 1st...

Members don't see this ad :)
u serious bro? that's like the one question you're not supposed to ask...the interviewer would get in deep **** if he/she gave you a straight answer...at the end of this hell of a process, ADEA will send you an email asking if any schools broke the rule of not telling students that they got in or not before Dec 1st...
I didn't say ask them "Am I getting in?". I said ask them "what do you think about my chances?". I'm not saying I am going to do this, but I have seen a few people mention this, and I was just curious what the general consensus on the matter is.

I didn't say ask them "Am I getting in?". I said ask them "what do you think about my chances?". I'm not saying I am going to do this, but I have seen a few people mention this, and I was just curious what the general consensus on the matter is.
i don't see the difference.
Am i getting in? yes, maybe, or no
what are my chances? equivalent answer choices = 100%, 100-0%, 0%

Reactions: 1 users
No single interviewer is going to be able to give you a real answer, so how could asking this help you? You may as well come on SDN to ask for your chances, because the answer you get will be as meaningful.

EDIT: That sounded snarkier than it was meant to do. I mean those words, but not the tone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Ok, I'm not disagreeing with anyone. I was simply curious what other's thoughts on the matter were. Like I said, I had seen others mention asking this, and I wasn't sure if I thought that was acceptable or not. Thanks for the feedback.