interview question: why low PCAT score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meomeo123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
can some one give me some suggestion about about how to answer this question. I have high GPA 3.9 but my first PCAT reading score was 29. The second one was only 19 even though I have improved my overall scores from 29 to 47. English is my second language. I took 2 english compositions and got both As. how do I explain reasonablly about the low reading score during the interview ( The reasons I did not do well because the reading was complicated with many new terms, I had dizziness after staring at the computer for a while) Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Did you try posting it one more time in another thread? :eek:

I got a 25% in reading, but still got a 79% composite. I see a lot of posts in the PCAT score thread with people who had poor reading scores. You should have made up for it in biology and chemistry. You have to explain your overall low PCAT and not just your reading score. Someone with a 3.9 GPA should not be getting a 29% and 47%.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a 3.9 GPA and I scored a 47 on the PCAT. In fact, I scored under a 20 on the biology portion. I just did not study for it, I think I was preoccupied with saving the world of Skyrim from a horde of destructive dragons at the time.

Anyway, I got several interview offers and two acceptances so far. My PCAT score was never even brought up.

I have a 3.9 GPA and I scored a 47 on the PCAT. In fact, I scored under a 20 on the biology portion. I just did not study for it, I think I was preoccupied with saving the world of Skyrim from a horde of destructive dragons at the time.

Anyway, I got several interview offers and two acceptances so far. My PCAT score was never even brought up.

Impossible, nothing is more important than PCAT! :lol:

Oh ya? I was saving Earth from Reapers in mass effect 3.

omg, haha! I love what you wrote!! Skyrim is an awesome game..and also anti-school game! (which i mean by is that you cannot focus on studying if you play skyrim :p )

I love to do many side quests instead of having killingspree of dragons btw. Skyrim is definitely no.1 game in my life (used to be World of Warcraft)

Some interviewers don't have access to any of your scores or statistics so keep that in mind. I applied to 10 schools and I think only 1 of them had an open file on me.

Hey I was just wondering which schools you applied too?

Be honest and tell the truth. If you give a bull**** answer they will know. Just be yourself and it may not even come up.

Hi everyone,
can some one give me some suggestion about about how to answer this question. I have high GPA 3.9 but my first PCAT reading score was 29. The second one was only 19 even though I have improved my overall scores from 29 to 47. English is my second language. I took 2 english compositions and got both As. how do I explain reasonablly about the low reading score during the interview ( The reasons I did not do well because the reading was complicated with many new terms, I had dizziness after staring at the computer for a while) Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is your composite score? As long as your composite score is high (70+) you can very reasonably explain to the admissions committee exactly what you told us here on the forum, which is that English is your second language.